UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Have what I believe to be a race condition. How do I lock the variable/avoid thi

broken avatar :(
Created 5 years ago
by StraightArrow
Date Registered: 25 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
StraightArrow's Groups
StraightArrow's Contact & Social Links
Code Snippet
cpp
while(1)
{
//iprintln("in the while loop!");
currentweapon = players[i] getCurrentWeapon();
if(currentweapon == "m2_flamethrower_zombie_upgraded")
{
while(players [i] isfiring())
{
if(players [i] isMeleeing() == false && jump_param <200) //300 before
{
//wait .02; //the function works ok without this. the problem is tap firing. after firing there is a slight delay until the hud catches up. the wait simulates this slightly
jump_param = jump_param + 4.0;
//iprintln("in first func jump param is going up and " + jump_param );

thread flamey_jump(jump_param);

}
//there just needs to be a little wait time between these two. have too many waits now the flamethrower is jumpy
wait .05;
}
wait .2;
while ( players[i] isfiring() == false && jump_param >0 || players[i] isMeleeing() == true)
{

if (jump_param >= 200) //300 before
{
wait 1.5;
jump_param = jump_param - 3;
}
//if (jump_param >0)
//{
//thread flamey_jump(jump_param);
wait .08; //this is the problem right here, i need to wait to make the thing more sensitive but that holds up the lift up part, gotta figure it out
jump_param = jump_param - 1;
iprintln("in first func jump param is going down and " + jump_param );
//}
//continue; //thread flamey_jump(jump_param);
}

//thread flamey_jump(jump_param);

}
wait .05;

flamey_jump(jump_param)
 {
players = get_players();
for (i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
{

if (isDefined( jump_param ))
{
iprintln("in second function jump_param is " + jump_param);
}

//i think what is happening here is a race condition (especially with a while loop)
if(jump_param<200) //setting this to while causes jump_param to go beserk and change values in the loop. want to change this to while so this can execute without waiting on 1st while loop
{
// etc. etc. lets the player fly. if i check jump_param in here it is wrong by the way

I have what I believe to be a race condition. I would prefer to set the flamey_jump function's if statement to a while statement (so it can run without waiting on 'waits' in the first function), but the variable jump_param will go beserk and return the wrong values (even though they are correct with the variable check on the line just before). So the flamey_jump code will execute forever basically. I'm sure threading flamey_jump multiple times a second from the first while loop isn't helping either, but I want to constantly be feeding that variable into the 2nd function to know whether to allow flight or not.  I am a very junior scripter so I probably have this all ass backwards (go easy on me). 

Loading ...