Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
FLUXtrance's Groups
Hey all, I apologize if this is a stupidly simple question, but does anyone know how to make a "buyable debris" Explode instead of simply make an electrical animation? I want to make it look as if you are detonating a charge. If It is merely an animation, and the debris itself doesn't disappear on "impact", but still does the moving away animation like in the original, It isn't a big deal, as I can mask this easily. I just want to change the "electrical" animation to a more explosive animation. Thanks in advanced!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
YaPh1l's Contact & Social Links
The script_firefx KVP on the debris parts is the FX that is triggered when the part starts moving. The KVP script_fxid is the FX that's triggered when the part is about to disappear.
Keep in mind that you might need to add the FX like any others in your CSV and script files. The value of these KVPs is the "name" of the FX in level._effect[].

- Phil.
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups
The script_firefx KVP on the debris parts is the FX that is triggered when the part starts moving. The KVP script_fxid is the FX that's triggered when the part is about to disappear.
Keep in mind that you might need to add the FX like any others in your CSV and script files. The value of these KVPs is the "name" of the FX in level._effect[].

- Phil.

Ah, thank you phil. So you're saying, if I change the "script_fxID" and the "script_firefx" to the FX names I desire from the level._effect file? (if this is a file, I might be mistaken? Then apply it in the CSV script files like any other FX? Sorry, I have literally zero experience with adding FX, so this is some new territory for me. I appreciate the help!
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
YaPh1l's Contact & Social Links
script_fxid would be the thing to go for as that's played when the debris starts to disappear. As for adding the effect to your CSV and setting level._effect in your scripts, reference:
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Easy-FX#CSV
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Easy-FX#Adding_new_FX
These are from the UGX Easy FX tutorial, you do not need Easy FX itself, but adding the Fx to CSV and script is done the same anyway.

- Phil.
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups