Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.
Archaicvirus's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Archaicvirus's Contact & Social Links
This is one of the custom xmodels I've made for a map I'm working on. The models I designed in blender. I textured everything from scratch in substance painter 2. Blender is free and has xmodel and xanim support via plugins. Substance painter 2 is like 40 bucks I think, plus its well documented. Great tools, recommend to any novice asset designer such as myself.

*EDIT - All imgur links now + changed download to dropbox.

Unzip the file, open the folder, and drag all the contents into your bo3 root directory, make sure to restart launcher and run asset convert, then fully build any map you use it in and you're good to go. I spent a shitload of time designing and tweaking these models so maybe a respect or shoutout would be appreciated if you use this, although not necessary. I have many other models like these so if enough of you guys are interested I may release more of them, or perhaps a themed build set.

*I included the two door panels as separate models so you can have them open from the center outwards. Note that I didn't include any prefabs, so you'll have to place the doors as script_models in the map and set it up like any buyable door, just make each door have an opposite script_vector that way they move apart from the center when opened.

**The materials are almost all lit_advanced, so they include diffuse, ambient occlusion, normal, specular, gloss, and one emissive map. Textures are 2048x2048, but the models are relatively low-poly, as best as I could make them. I started modeling less than a year ago so forgive any imperfections.

**Edit - Oops, I just realized in the gdt file I included, I forgot to remove the materials and model for the prototype (earlier) version of this door, please don't look at it lol, looks like playdough. I mean you can use it if you want, but it looks gimpy as hell, lol embarrassing
Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:00:56 pm by Archaicvirus
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
That looks amazing, good work
Date Registered: 10 July 2016
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Archaicvirus's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Archaicvirus's Contact & Social Links
Thanks man!

Loading ...