Welcome to another tutorial. Today I am going to show you guys how to add the standard world at war camo to your guns that you ported from like black ops 2/bo1/cod 4 etc since once you add a pack a punch weapon file it is by default the same camo as your non pack a punched version. And the best part is, this does not require Maya.
1. You of course need a gun already ported into the game that you ported by yourself(this tutorial will not cover that) and it needs to already be set up with the Viewmodel/Worldmodel as well as the weapon file that you put in mods/weapons/sp.
2. Once you have that set up go ahead and copy the weapon file for the gun you want to have upgradeable lets go with the P90 from COD4 for this tutorial. Paste it in the same folder and call it GUNNAME_upgraded which in my case wold be p90_upgraded.
3. Open it up, now you can change the damage and all the other stuff but the main thing you want to pay attention to is gunmodel so search for that and you should get something similar to this
add an _upgraded at the end so it will be
4. Do the same thing for Worldmodel, search for that and you should get
Add an _upgraded at the end to get
5. Remember it will vary depending on what your gun is some guns will have
its the exact same thing just be sure to add _upgraded at the very end of the gunmodel and worldmodel
6. Now that is done, you can save it and close that
7. Now go to raw/xmodel and find the gunmodel of your non upgraded weapon in this case its viewmodel_p90
8. Copy that and paste it in the same folder, now add an _upgraded at the end just like you did in the weapon file
9. Open it up and you should see a jumbled mess of letters similar to this
10. Now if you pay close attention to this gunmodel you will see it has weapon_clip_empty and the weapon_p90_lod01 which is for the actual gun, DO NOT mess with those. What you need to pay attention to is the materials which always starts with mtl. Change those to mtl_silver_etching, you dont have to change the laser sight or red dot sight or anything that the gun has just the camos which would be mtl_weapon_p90, mtl_weapon_p90_misc_nocamo and all of those.
®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºA®ºA®ºAweapon_clip_empty ÈBweapon_p90_lod01 ÈCweapon_p90_lod11 €»Dweapon_p90_lod21 ÿÿÿÿ mtl_weapon_p90 mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_weapon_mp5 mtl_weapon_p90_misc_nocamo mtl_weapon_p90 mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_weapon_mp5 mtl_weapon_p90_misc_nocamo mtl_weapon_p90 mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_weapon_mp5 b´·ÁYž¿–™À XÈØ?$þ‰@
11. The finished product would be something like this (remember it varies depending on your gun and the attachments on the gun)
12. You see how the p90 camos turned into mtl_silver_etching, that means in game it will show up as the standard World at War camo.
®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºA®ºA®ºAweapon_clip_empty ÈBweapon_p90_lod01 ÈCweapon_p90_lod11 €»Dweapon_p90_lod21 ÿÿÿÿ mtl_silver_etching mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_silver_etching mtl_silver_etching mtl_silver_etching mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_silver_etching mtl_silver_etching mtl_silver_etching mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_silver_etching b´·ÁYž¿–™À XÈØ?$þ‰@
(OPTIONAL) 13. This is optional since the person holding the gun will not see this only the other players in the game, but you can do the same for the worldmodel changing all the materials that start with mtl to mtl_silver_etching, that way if your playing coop the other players will be able to see it instead of the default camo on the gun, if you dont want to do this, then open up the weapon file and on worldmodel change the worldmodel back to the default one without _upgraded. This one doesnt have so much camos to change though since once again this is for the third person view.
14. Now you can save that and open up launcher, be sure to tick the weapon file and in the little white box in the middle add
where viewmodel is the name of the 1st person model that you created ie. GUNNAME_upgraded
Now press enter and put
If you created a Worldmodel for your upgraded gun then put that here, if not then ignore it
after the 2 xmodels so the materials will show up in game.
Sometimes it is not necessary to put those lines in the mod.csv but sometimes if you dont your gun shows up invisible in game so its a good idea to put that.
15. Build mod, and make sure you get no errors, if everything is fine then go in game and take a look.
16. Also you should probably already know this but make sure to add the _upgraded line in DLC3_code and zombiemode_weapons like you should have done for the non upgraded version so I wont go into too much detail on that.
If you have any problems be sure to message me or post a comment and ill do my best to help. This is my longest tutorial I have ever done so sorry if I messed up a couple of steps, if you did notice something weird in the tutorial then be sure to tell me so I can fix it. Hopefully this helps you guys out and ill be bringing more tutorials very shortly