UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Zombie models into Maya with proper rigging?

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by mrpeanut188
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
New to modding WaW, just not mapping, and I'd like to animate my own traversals, big surprise.  :please:
Anyway, I know how to get the zombie model into Maya by running WaW then exporting them using Tom's tools, then just reimporting to Maya. My biggest question is how to get the animations that already exist for the zombie models and their appropriate riggings. I'd want the last keyframe for the animation that plays when the zombies stop at a node, that way there wouldn't be a sudden jerk in their movement. Is this possible, and how would I go about this?
Marked as best answer by mrpeanut188 9 years ago
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
You shouldn't need the last keyframe to make them line up, since World at War's engine blends the animations together when transitioning - so the animation will work even if they aren't lined up.

If you still want the WaW animations, they are in the xanims folder under root/raw/xanims, but to use them in maya you will have to throw them through tom's xanim exporter tool.
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
You shouldn't need the last keyframe to make them line up, since World at War's engine blends the animations together when transitioning - so the animation will work even if they aren't lined up.
Huh, I thought that was added in BO. Pretty good for a game made in 2008 imo, besides Source not many engines could support blending.

If you still want the WaW animations, they are in the xanims folder under root/raw/xanims, but to use them in maya you will have to throw them through tom's xanim exporter tool.
Thank you, I couldn't find out how to get them without exporting from ingame.
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:32:47 am by mrpeanut188

Loading ...