UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

What to check to make sure animations are exported correctly?

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by mrpeanut188
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
    Hello, I am creating anims for a weapon in Maya. I followed Rollon's tutorial to set up the gun rigging, and exported an animated model. I got the idle animation working (it was too far forward but worked first time, then I moved it back) and tried to make a simple firing animation. I re-compiled both animations after editing, even deleting the old xanims out of all places including the old .IWD. However, where the model is stayed the same even though I moved the weapon and the arms back in Maya using the shoulder controllers and the gun with Gun_CTR. Alongside this, the fire animation makes the game flip out and it puts polygons all over the screen.

I have re-rigged the model three or four times, alongside exporting the animated model and the actual gun model.
    I want to know what I have done wrong.
    The maya file is available upon request.

One thing that may be causing it is that j_gun is rotated 90 degrees so it faces forward, but I have tried compiling on an animated model with and without the rotation, no dice. I feel that because of the relative type of the animation this would cause the problem however as said i tried without it being rotated, no change.

No screenshot because when the firing animation is played all that happens is you see the green sleeve texture from the default viewhands on the entire screen.

[edit]
here's my notes on Rollon's video:

Animated Model:
DefMesh:Skeleton > Select Set Members. Select J_GUN & child joints, tag_view, select a mesh then export xmodel.[/li][/list]

Exporting Animations:
DefMesh:Skeleton > Select Set Members, Select J_GUN and it's child joints, then export.

ADS Animations:
Export tag_view and tag_torso.

Model I can confirm was exported correctly, working perfectly on another gun's anims.

Assman Settings:
Anims:
Use bones unchecked. Looping unchecked except for proper animations. Type set to relative. Using animated model as the model.

Sound are working.
Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:55:59 am by mrpeanut188
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I'm guessing the option for gun position, rotation etc. while sprinting or walking is set too far forward in weapon file. I forgot the option names but in ugx weapon editor you can them easily.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
I'm guessing the option for gun position, rotation etc. while sprinting or walking is set too far forward in weapon file. I forgot the option names but in ugx weapon editor you can them easily.
The problem is no matter where I move it in maya it never changes. I'd assume it would be linked to tag_view instead of j_gun, but I could be mistaken since the anims are relative. I can fix that though, thanks. Now just for the other ones.
Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:38:54 am by mrpeanut188
Marked as best answer by mrpeanut188 8 years ago
Date Registered: 1 July 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
R00feR's Groups
R00feR's Contact & Social Links

Exporting Animations:
DefMesh:Skeleton > Select Set Members, Select J_GUN and it's child joints, then export.

Select "tag_torso/tag_cambone" and thier hierarchies for exporting non ads anims  ::)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
Select "tag_torso/tag_cambone" and thier hierarchies for exporting non ads anims  ::)
Thanks, got around to doing this and it did the trick.

I wish Rollon would have written something, I hate videos because they are much harder to find specific information in while a guide is as easy as regular reading.

+Rep
Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:16:45 am by mrpeanut188
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Thanks, got around to doing this and it did the trick.

I wish Rollon would have written something, I have videos because they are much harder to find specific information in while a guide is as easy as regular reading.

+Rep
thats why i have it on bookmark

Theres usually only one or two things i need to refer back to it for, i know roughly where in the video, so i just skip to it

He explains "everything" you need, and in a very clear way ( except that ADS up and down infact do not need their own animated models, and i think non ads animations you can actually just export "all" joints, no need to be specific for those )

Loading ...