Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
ZK Studios's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Hey guys, I'm looking for the laser fx that has been used for the laser colt. I've searched both the Cod4 and Cod5 fx but I can't find any lasers. Is it a custom fx that someone has and would be willing to share?

No, I am not looking for the setClientDvar( "cg_laserForceOn", 1 );   I need the fx. (I'm assuming that it's an fx) Any info or help is appreciated, thanks guys
Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:28:08 am by ZK Studios
broken avatar :(
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys, I'm looking for the laser fx that has been used for the laser colt. I've searched both the Cod4 and Cod5 fx but I can't find any lasers. Is it a custom fx that someone has and would be willing to share?

No, I am not looking for the setClientDvar( "cg_laserForceOn", 1 );   I need the fx. (I'm assuming that it's an fx) Any info or help is appreciated, thanks guys
maybe ZCT-Chaos can help you
Date Registered: 4 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
ZK Studios's Groups
maybe ZCT-Chaos can help you

Ya, I asked him about it a couple weeks ago, but he said he didn't have his old files or something, so he didn't remember how to do it. I was hoping someone would have the fx (or whatever it is) just laying around in their tools somewhere :)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I remember how it looks ingame and based on that I think its just switching the dvar on and off with setClientDvar and player waittill("weapon_fired", weapon); etc you get the point.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
ZK Studios's Groups
I remember how it looks ingame and based on that I think its just switching the dvar on and off with setClientDvar and player waittill("weapon_fired", weapon); etc you get the point.

Ya, I tried that but it ends up being glitchy and causes issues. Plus there's the fact that laser does not appear for the other players if you use the dvar. The laser colt laser appeared in 3rd person.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Ya, I tried that but it ends up being glitchy and causes issues. Plus there's the fact that laser does not appear for the other players if you use the dvar. The laser colt laser appeared in 3rd person.
If it appeared in third person then yeah you're probably right about it being a fx. Did the effect go through walls? Because a FX would.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
ZK Studios's Groups
If it appeared in third person then yeah you're probably right about it being a fx. Did the effect go through walls? Because a FX would.

Not sure if it went through walls or not, but in co-op the laser can be seen if the other guys is using it. I'm really surprised that no one has it, or even knows who has it
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I'm really surprised that no one has it, or even knows who has it
You are? ZCT Mod came out around the beginning of 2010. That's a long time for one guy to hold onto a FX file and still be around in the community.

I would just make your own, it's not hard. I made one for the PaP'd deagle in UGX Mod v1.0.3 and Tom_BMX made one for his doors in that map he made a while ago that had the laser-blocked doors... can't remember the name.

Edit: Have you made sure the weaponFile even references a FX? Or found where they coded it in clientscripts? If they scripted anything you should be able to find it and verify what they are using. If it's not in the script then its just a weaponFile tweak.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
ZK Studios's Groups
lol, yes that is a good point.  I've been messing around with fx, but I don't know much about it.  I'll keep trying though, maybe I can come up with something
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
lol, yes that is a good point.  I've been messing around with fx, but I don't know much about it.  I'll keep trying though, maybe I can come up with something
Check my edit too if you didn't see it before replying.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
ZK Studios's Groups
Edit: Have you made sure the weaponFile even references a FX? Or found where they coded it in clientscripts? If they scripted anything you should be able to find it and verify what they are using. If it's not in the script then its just a weaponFile tweak.

Yes, Chaos let me see the laser colt file and it was using "fx_laser" as the view flash and world flash

Loading ...