UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Having trouble setting up Custom Announcer Sounds and Main Menu Music.

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Naminator999
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Naminator999's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Hey UGX Community,

Im having trouble converting custom Announcer sounds. I have followed Treminaor's Custom Sounds tutorial here

UGX Mods Tuts - Adding Custom Sounds

My sounds have been changed to mono and exported to WAV unsigned 8bit and cleared all tags using Audacity 1.3 Beta.

I have then copied them to the root/sound_assets/raw/sound/announcer.

I copied the sound aliases from dlc_share.csv including the correct header info at the top to my maps sound alias and adjusted the filename to fit the new location.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,file,platform,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,,isbig

# Announcer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
carp_vox,announcer\carpenter.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
dp_vox,announcer\doublepoints.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
insta_vox,announcer\instakill.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
ma_vox,announcer\maxammo.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1.2,1.2,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
nuke_vox,announcer\nuke.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1.2,1.2,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,2000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
ann_vox_magicbox,announcer\special_magicbox_full.wav,,,1,1,50,2500,8,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,,,,,1,1,,2d,,,,master,,,,,,1000,wpn_all,,,,,,,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,

I have then loaded up Launcher added my maps sound alias to the mod.csv as well as the sounds themselves

Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,nazi_zombie_voyager,,all_sp
sound,carp_vox
sound,dp_vox
sound,insta_vox
sound,ma_vox
sound,nuke_vox
sound,ann_vox_magicbox

I have then ticked build mod.ff and build sounds and then built my mod.

The converter completes with no errors and lists the correct number of updated sounds.

But when i go to copy the sounds to my mod folder from root/raw/sound/announcer the folder is empty.

I dont understand what has gone wrong the converter had no errors so why are the files missing.

BTW i am using UGX Mod 1.0.3

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.
Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:07:04 am by Naminator999
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Naminator999's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I have also tried re-exporting the sounds and still after building mod.ff and sounds i still receive no errors and the correct number of updated sounds yet the raw/sound/announcer folder is still empty. I have no idea what is going wrong.

Have i missed a step?
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Naminator999's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I also am having similar trouble with main menu music.
I followed this (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Main_Menu_Music) to the letter.

The music is loaded into Audacity. Changed to Mono. Exported as 8bit PCM wav file.

I copy the exported garbar_loop.wav file to sound_assets/raw/sound/music_mainmenu.
Then in launcher i select mod.ff and build sounds and build my mod

For once the sound DOES convert the into the root/raw/sound/music_mainmenu folder.

I copy the converted sound to my mod/sound/music_mainmenu folder.

I then build my mod.ff and iwd. The sound and folder is ticked in the iwd file list. But when i run my mod i still hear the normal music.

This is driving me nuts. I have no idea what is going wrong

Post Merge: July 03, 2014, 10:09:46 am
I just discovered something puzzling.

I rebuilt my mod and loaded it up. The main menu music that i wanted IS FINALLY PLAYING. However i forgot to run the COD Project mover to import the UGX mod into my map.
Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:09:46 am by Naminator999
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
I just discovered something puzzling.

I rebuilt my mod and loaded it up. The main menu music that i wanted IS FINALLY PLAYING. However i forgot to run the COD Project mover to import the UGX mod into my map.
I have not verified this myself but some gained success with this in UGX-MOD by adding the CSV call for your alias to the ugx_mod mod.csv and then re-compiling the ugx_mod.ff. After that you of course need to use the project mover again to replace the old mod for the new ugx_mod.ff. Once again this fix has not been verified by myself but it's something I've seen done in the community with success.
Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:26:29 am by SajeOne
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Naminator999's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I have not verified this myself but some gained success with this in UGX-MOD by adding the CSV call for your alias to the ugx_mod mod.csv and then re-compiling the ugx_mod.ff. After that you of course need to use the project mover again to replace the old mod for the new ugx_mod.ff. Once again this fix has not been verified by myself but it's something I've seen done in the community with success.

I just tried that before you posted and it worked 100% the main menu music. However as i posted several months ago here (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2056) i have trouble setting up sounds for my sliding door. I have gone over everything and followed all steps correctly. I even added my soundalias to the ugx_mod csv to see if that would help but it did nothing.

Post Merge: July 03, 2014, 11:25:51 am
After rebuilding my announcer sounds i now get this error in launcher

Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: during encoding D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\sound_assets\raw\sound\announcer\doublepoints.wav Bad file format
ERROR: during encoding D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\sound_assets\raw\sound\announcer\instakill.wav Bad file format
ERROR: during encoding D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\sound_assets\raw\sound\announcer\maxammo.wav Bad file format

They have been exported the exact same way as the others. I have tried exporting and rebuilding several times but to no avail.

Also even though carpenter and the mystery box laugh are not returning any errors they are not appearing in the raw/sounds folder.
Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:28:55 am by Naminator999
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
What did you set the bitrate to?
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Naminator999's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
What did you set the bitrate to?

They have all been exported at the same bitrate 48000Hz

Loading ...