or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Undeadmetal

Wow, the map looks even better than I'd expected so far! I like the element of verticality it has too.

However, I would change the cement slab texture in the starting room to the same texture as the cave walls, as I feel it looks strange otherwise.

Also, not too sure how I personally feel (that made me laugh a little haha) about the grass/tree section. It's definitely incongruous with the rest of the map... IDK, I mean it doesn't look BAD, just out-of-place.

I know it looked out of place and pretty BAD lol so I took what you said and got this so far as an outcome.

8 years ago
This looks really good!  ;D
8 years ago
Glad to hear you liked some of my suggestions. I also just noticed that you plan on possibly including parkour in the map so I just wanna say -- be careful! Several great maps in the past have been seriously damaged by parkour sections. The fundamental flaw with them is that you cannot see your feet in WAW, which means you just have to "guesstimate" where you're actually standing in relation to the ledge. I've played maps before where failing a parkour meant death and it was INFURIATING.

So although I do feel like parkour (maybe on top of floating geometric blocks?) would definitely fit the theme of the map, please be wary of including death-drops that ruin players' experiences.

Anyway, if you ever need another beta tester at some point in the future I'm available, tested a couple maps before :)
I don't really have any parkour in my map at the moment but so far at the tallest parts of my map you can jump off (without jugg)  and still survive.

I was thinking about when I get the path nodes set up right (again  :-[) To let a map reviewer test it and see how they like it so far, and maybe tell me some cool things they would like to see in the map! ( I'm still new to mapping and porting but since the redo of my lighting upon many other things from me breaking the map the first time it's looking good)

Spoiler: click to open...
Note: The Skybox Is temporary I plan on doing something a bit different  :D
! No longer available

I'd be happy to let you test it but it's not ready for beta at all haha.
8 years ago
Still looking hot man, couple random suggestions:

-- Definitely go for a full night-time theme, it would be so cool if the only illumination was the color emitted from the rocks!

-- Would be nice to see the Origins PaP camo and staves on the map

-- Adding a teleporter to a PaP room that looked like a "normal" building would be a nice touch, kind of blurring reality with fantasy I guess lol

I can definitely make it night time   :) I agree it will look better

I'm not sure I could manage getting the origins staves on my map but that would be awesome.

Hmm never thought about that maybe I could make the teleport take you to a town in the past for 30 seconds
with a kind of blurred old vision and you have to make your way to PaP.

thanks for your Ideas  :D :D
8 years ago
I really like the concept dude. Nice work.  :D

Just A style I hadn't see much of  :D

holly cow, the images look very cool man! :rainbow:

Haha Thanks!

I really like what you're going for with the abstract shapes and varying colors. I think as long as you stick to this theme it'll turn out pretty cool!

I'm trying to stick to the theme, I just can't decide how much more I should expand the map!

This is very different from what we are used to playing. Great job!

Thanks

I like the design of the building. :P

It doesn't seem it's your first map; it looks much better than other first maps I've seen. :)

Instead of just trying to release a map no one would really play I messed with radiant a bit first,
and thanks everyone!
8 years ago
I like the look so far!  :D
8 years ago
What error? :/

I fixed it sort of haha lets just say I've got a lot to do.
 lol.
8 years ago
Have it to where when you get to the end of the tunnel and you open the last door it teleports you back to the beginning and resets all the doors unless you do something to finish the level maybe ?
8 years ago
Can you not just extract them from the mod tools zip package you downloaded to begin with? Unless you deleted that...

I tried that but I still get this error for line 755 not sure why but here it is.

8 years ago
Came across a bit of an error so the map currently won't run.
8 years ago
In a map I'm making I messed up my zombiemode, zombiemode_weapons, zombiemode_perks.gsc and can't find the correct versions and my map won't run anymore  :'( So I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the correct versions or if they have them  ;D I had backups but I lost them, lol.
8 years ago
Thanks everyone I'll get to doing more of the map when I can. At the moment I have a lot going on, glad to see people like it so far!
8 years ago
I fixed the error I was having before now I get this
I never got that gsc in my download? Anyone know how to fix this?
8 years ago
thanks I got a lot to fix the original issue wasn't even with the perks haha.
8 years ago
 Not sure what I did wrong I'm not really all that good with scripting but when I tried to install bam's bo1 perks I try to start my game and get this error
then again I do have the _zombiemode and perks and weapons one in my mod folder and I compiled them with the map not sure if I was supposed to.
8 years ago
Loading ...