or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - treminaor

August 2012 winner: nickst98!

UGX is giving away one donor membership per month to one UGX-Mods Forum member. Every month there will be a challenge and the first person to complete the challenge will win the membership. You can only win once per year. If you have already won a contest and currently still have Contest Winner status, you will not be able to reply to any Giveaway topics until your status expires (one year after receiving it)

The first person to reply with the correct answer will earn a free one-year donor membership status, which grants a custom user title, access to the new exclusive donor content forum section,and a guaranteed spot in the beta testers list for all projects released during your Donor Membership period.

The challenge for August 2012 is as follows:
  • "In UGX Christmas and UGX Cabin, there are 'propaganda posters' scattered throughout the maps featuring the UGX name on them. How many are there from the two maps combined? (note: this includes both posters as seen in these images:)

Answer: 24 (6 in [UGX] Cabin and 18 in [UGX] Christmas).

The challenge for May 2012 was as follows:
  • In [UGX] Christmas, there are gigantic 'candy-canes' in the map. How many giant candy canes are there total on the map?

Answer: 5 Giant Candy Canes.

May 2012 winner: JCRA3ZY!

The challenge for April 2012 was as follows:
  • In [UGX] Cabin, part of the objectives involve you following the directions of a certain commander via radio transmissions. What is his name?

Answer: Chenkov.
April 2012 winner: DARKLEGION!
12 years ago
Images wider than the forum will now automatically resize to fit. Clicking the image will open it's fullsize version.
12 years ago
Note from treminaor: For those of you who don't know, this map came out quite a while ago. I saw it fit to add it myself to the manager as it's one of my favorite maps and the original author isn't active anymore. I also find it humorous that it was released in 2010 and set in 2012, the future ;)

This map can be downloaded from the UGX Map Manager.

http://youtu.be/vaNk2tXrQFU

v1.1 changes:
-you can buy the bombs now
-removed the food that increase your health
-disabled console
-added 2 secret minimods
-decreased a little the zombies health
-special weapons - god's hands- works  now

This map is dedicated to all the MW2 haters who make me laugh.

We are in 2012 and you still playing MW2, your favourite game of all time. But you got bored of IW.NET that sucks so much and of all the people who moved on black ops that make MW2 empty. You can't live without this game so you decided to change the past and make the game the best ever made.

Your mission:

- Go back in 2009
- Destroy IW.NET
- Make the DLC for MW2 Free
- Bring back a collector's copy of MW2 on pc
- Turn on the dedicated servers for MW2
- Destroy Robert Bowling
- help the staff of Treyarch to get money

Map features:

* Custom storyline
* Time machines
* Friendly and enemy AI
* Custom textures
* Modern Weapons
* Cash points
* Millions of zombies
* Objectives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akWfsfV6OnI#
12 years ago

Final Update (1:10PM PST) - Update 1.2.2 of the UGX Map Manager is now live. You can find the update here, or just open your current .exe on your computer and it will update itself.

Update (1:00AM PST) - We've discovered that there's a small issue in the way that we host the data (on our new server) that's read by the UGX Map Updater (contains the info for each map), so as soon as we work that out we will release the new update publicly. In the mean time, the current version of the app (1.2.1) is now downloading files from our new host, so you can enjoy the faster speeds right now without updating the program. We will release the update later today hopefully (June 15th).

If you appreciate the new download speeds and the effort that UGX makes to ensure a happy player, please consider donating. This new download service is being paid for out of pocket, just like the server the website is hosted on and the domain we use. <3

Update (11:27PM PST) - We have completed the file transfer to the new storage service. With my USA internet connection (32mb downspeed), I get an average of 4.0mb/s or higher download speed from these new servers. I hope that everyone will experience this amazing speed increase :) (Our old server was lucky to serve 1.0mb/s under light/no load). We will release an update to the UGX Map Manager that will update the app to use this new server, as well as address some other minor issues that have been fixed in the app :)

UGX-Mods has changed to a cloud storage service for hosting the maps that you download using our Map Manager program. This will ensure that not only is our bandwidth and download speed greatly increased for large amounts of simultaneous downloads, but it also means that our downloads will be accessible even when the site is down.

And for the curious minds out there, we did this to prepare for what we foresee as a very popular mod/map release ;)

We are currently working on uploading all of our downloads to the new service, so don't expect any speed changes yet. We will notify everyone when the transition is complete.
12 years ago
This map can be downloaded from the UGX Map Manager.

Zombie House is a very small map which pits players inside Winged Manor, with limited space and resources!
It is a stock Der Riese-based map with a random weapons box (which doesn't move), a Pack-a-Punch machine, power switch and all four perks. There are four rooms to unlock, and a lot of open windows, so this map is actually harder than it may seem at first - with such a small, cramped space and almost nowhere to run, you have to be very sharp to survive :)

I created the map in less than a day, simply to prove that with a bit of effort, you can make a map which looks detailed and unique. In a way I'm trying to discourage people from releasing blocky, simple box maps by showing what can be done in the same amount of time. :P And who knows, maybe he set the record for the quickest-made zombie map in World at War :D

Since I did adhere to a challenge of a 1-day start-to-finish map, it is very small and lacks custom features. However there is a win menu which treminaor kindly set up (in less than 15 minutes, too!). Here are some screenshots of the map in-game:

12 years ago
JBRacin14 will be working with W1NG3D, CoDMapper, and RadimaX on our map releases as well as working on his own maps for UGX. Give him a warm welcome!
12 years ago
xXINIIx will be working side-by-side with Aidan and treminaor on scripts for UGX Mod! We look forward to working with him :)
12 years ago

May 2012 winner: JCRA3ZY

UGX is planning to give away one donor membership per month to one UGX-Mods Forum member. Every month there will be a challenge and the first person to complete the challenge will win the membership. You can only win once per year.

The challenge for May 2012 is as follows:
  • In [UGX] Christmas, there are gigantic 'candy-canes' in the map. How many giant candy canes are there total on the map?

Answer: 5 Giant Candy Canes.

• In [UGX] Cabin, part of the objectives involve you following the directions of a certain commander via radio transmissions. What is his name?

The first person to reply with the correct answer will earn a free one-year donor membership status, which grants a custom user title, access to the new exclusive donor content forum section,and a guaranteed spot in the beta testers list for all projects released during your Donor Membership period.
12 years ago

UGX is planning to give away one donor membership per month to one UGX-Mods Forum member. Every month there will be a challenge and the first person to complete the challenge will win the membership. You can only win once per year.

[/list]
    12 years ago
    Edit: The rules have changed. Please re-read them before donating.

Hello everyone!

Today we are announcing a new feature of the UGX-Mods forum: The 'Exclusive Content for Donators' section!

In this section you will find beta releases of current UGX projects that only donors can play!

Soon there will be a beta  of [UGX] Bar v2 and another upcoming untitled zombie map! Uploading recordings of the beta maps is allowed! :)

If you want access to this section, you must donate a minimum of $1 USD to UGX. After the donation is complete, you will be instantly added to the potential beta testers list. You can donate using the Donate box on the top right part of the homepage. More info about donations as well as how we spend donations is detailed on the Donations page linked from the box on the homepage.

This new system was just implemented so please excuse us if there are any bugs. If you encounter any issues during the donation process or have any other sort of questions, please do not hesitate to contact treminaor via PM or email.

Best Regards,
    The UGX Team

12 years ago
    Upon further testing, it appears the update does not solve the crash for everyone, therefore I am pulling the update off the server until I figure out the root cause. I think it might be the snowfall.

v1.5 of UGX Christmas is available for download in the UGX Map Manager. Details of the update are listed in the app, and more information is listed below:

I figured out why UGX Christmas won't boot for about 5% of people - the news ticker I added on the bottom of the main menu is causing it. As soon as I figure out why it's causing the crash (removing it fixed the crash), we will re-add the news ticker.
    12 years ago
    A guide has been created for the most important settings in .vision files, as well as how to add them to your  map! Pictures of the settings effects are also included in the guide. Be sure to check it out, because you might find some pictures of a soon-to-be-announced UGX map inside ;)

12 years ago
    CoDMapper is now a primary mapper for UGX! We look forward to working with him once he finishes his personal project!

12 years ago
    Loading ...