or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Scobalula

ok I'll try!

Double Post Merge: May 31, 2015, 04:33:48 pm
nope not work.

Weird, did you build fastfiles in the Compiler tab after modifying the CSV?
9 years ago
What should I do exactly? ???

iirc in source\english\assetlist\yourmapname.csv, any fx lines you see comment those you're not using.
9 years ago
(Image removed from quote.)

Comment out FX you're not using in your CSV's, if you're using UGX Easy FX then I think this is pretty common with it due to high amount of FX being loaded in if I'm not mistaken.
9 years ago
Nice work frizzy(i'm anass), I liked the idea of the map,pm me if you are in need of any beta tester  :)

Thanks, you can use the Beta Request System below near the reply button to request access. :)
9 years ago
I'd advise against an All-in-one, hardware usually isn't that great and if anything breaks it's hard to fix.
9 years ago
OMG Great map, how did you Black Ops 3 perks working?
9 years ago
How is that proof exactly? You know how easy that would be to make in photoshop or even MS paint for that matter?

Is this proof that BO3 will also be coming out for Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive?

(Image removed from quote.)

Are you kidding me? I just bloody pre-ordered the Atari 2600 edition and now there's a Genesis edition? Damn. :(
9 years ago
Damn man thx for the script and the lesson :)

will use in my map just after i fix it still don't know how :\

Glad it works for you, hope you get your error solved. :(
9 years ago
Before we start I recommend downloading Notepad++, click here to download it.

In this tutorial I will be explaining how to add a FOV Changer/Slider.

I looked around the forums and didn't see a tutorial for this, so after I figured it out myself I decided to show other mappers how to do it. There are 2 Tutorials here, one for a simple changer, and the other for a slider. Both work perfect without cheats enabled, both can also be enabled at the same time, and changing one of them will change the other, so they don't conflict.

For the Changer:

This is simply a button that has set values (like changing Console from On or Off), go to root/raw/ui and locate the file "options_game_pc.menu".

Back up this file to somewhere else as we will be editing it.

Right click on the file and click "Edit with Notepad++", I recommend associating .menu files with Notepad++.

In this file around line 61 you'll see this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
CHOICE_DVARFLOATLIST( 22, "@MENU_ENABLE_CONSOLE", monkeytoy, { "@MENU_YES" 0 "@MENU_NO" 1 }, ; )

Put under this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
// FOV Changer
CHOICE_DVARFLOATLIST( 27, "Put what you want here as this is what the option will show up as, i.e. Change FOV", cg_fov, { "Normal" 65 "Medium" 75 "High" 90 }, ; )

You can change the quoted part above where I said "Put what you want" to what you want, this is what it will show up as in game, like where you see "Enable Console" in the options.

For the parts where you see "Normal", "Medium" and "High", there are what the options will say, like when you enable console it will say "Yes" or "No", as for the numbers beside them, these are the FOV values, so 65 is FOV of 65, equivelent to using command "cg_fov 65", you can add more here and change the values to your liking.

Now once you can save the file, you don't need to compile map for this, just Build Mod, once you get into game it will look like this:

For the Slider

Folloe the above for copying and opening the file.

For the Slider, look for this on line 61 (or around there):

Code Snippet
Plaintext
CHOICE_DVARFLOATLIST( 22, "@MENU_ENABLE_CONSOLE", monkeytoy, { "@MENU_YES" 0 "@MENU_NO" 1 }, ; )

Under it, add this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
// FOV Slider
CHOICE_DVARSLIDER( 28, "Put what you want here", cg_fov, 65, 65, 90, ; )

Once again, Put what you want where it says that, as this is what it show up as in the menu, like "Enable Console".

You'll notice 3 Values, the first one is the default value, I leave this at 65 because that's WaW's default, but you change it to maybe 70 or higher if you want.

The second value is the lowest value the slider will go, so if you slide the slider furthest to the left, the FOV will be at 65.

The third is the highest value the slider will go, so if we slide it furthest to the right, the FOV will be at 90.

This is how it looks in-game:

Last but not least, in Mod Builder tab in Launcher, for your Mod, add this to the mod.csv:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
menufile,ui/options_game_pc.menu

Hope this helped you. :)
9 years ago
Yeah, Im quitting with talking to you, FMP :please:
Guys, Im back in action :P Finished my last test today, so might as well come back and annoy the haters even more :D

9 years ago
Did you create a lightgrid? You need to place a lightgrid on your map, to do so create a block, don't hollow and give it light volume texture.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the block needs to cover the entire map, but don't cover the skybox.
9 years ago
Yes it's pretty common with 3D Editors in general.  ;D
9 years ago
Pretty neat mate, might use this on my next map.  ;)
9 years ago
I didn't find it that big of a dead, sure it is annoying waiting for mods to approve your posts but after you get 20 posts (which isn't that hard), things go smooth.  8)

Though it would be nice for those who have donated to be exempted from this as I doubt those who have donated would try and ruin the forums.  :)
9 years ago
Press F12 to take a screenshot, screenshots are saved under Documents\Activision\CoDWaW\screenshots.

I'm the same boat as the guys above, it might be a GPU issue, maybe drivers, does it happen in other games? Does it happen ONLY on your map? If it's only WaW, try the CoD 4 Demo (it's a hefty 1.4GB download sorry to say) and see if happens in that as they both use similar engines:

http://www.fileplanet.com/223320/download/Call-of-Duty-4-Demo

If CoD 4 works try re-installing WaW.

9 years ago
Loading ...