or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RichGaming

Only two more days to vote for Tier 1! Vote now if you havent already.
8 years ago
Beautiful remake! Looks awesome man, Gotta try and fit this in now with all the DLC 3 juiciness. GG on the release!
8 years ago
Box fx still staying in one place. Haven't been able to fix. All help appreciated, thanks!
8 years ago
I had same issue, how I fixed it was:

In _zombiemode_spawners.gsc find the function do_zombie_rise()

Somewhere around line 3350 there will be a line that looks something like this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( ( level.script == "nazi_zombie_something" || level.script == "nazi_zombie_somethingelse") && 
Change one to your map name.

If this works for you: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If it doesn't: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're a legend, it worked! Thanks so much for the help! :D
8 years ago
So I'm having a pretty big issue within my map where the riser's are not spawning from the script_structs that they are supposed to but are instead spawning from the actor which contains the riser information. I should probably also say that this is happening in every single zone. I'm not too sure why this is happening as I copied them from a working map. below I have the KVP's for each part that is related to the issue. If anyone can help with this I would greatly appreciate it as it's pretty major. Thanks

Actor KVP's:

Riser Spawn KVP's:

Zone KVP's:
8 years ago
I will check those out and then add a new function to my avogadro script. An option for choosing a spawn on power and an option for spawning on specific rounds

Thanks, appreciate it. :)
8 years ago
Yeah just let me know the name of the fx you want and the directory location of the fx. Example:
lightning_fx located in raw>fx>amb>lightning

May have to pull off some sounds from somewhere for lightning as well, possibly even rip them from BO2. To be honest I may just add this as an option to my Avogadro script. Could see that being rather useful for people. May even add them chamber animations as well

Ok, so I have found a couple of fx that I think would work nicely:

fx/maps/mp_maps/fx_mp_lightning_flash
fx/maps/fly/fx_lightning_flash_run

I'll let you surprise me with which one is best :P Thanks again for the help Nate!
8 years ago
Still gotta give +1 to him for being a bro and helping  8)

Indeed :D
8 years ago
Here it is then, it can work for multiple structs and multiple fx, ive not tested this and i made it in 5 mins.
Tell me if there are any problems:

Thanks for the help but I think I'm gonna let Nate help me with this one as I know him much better than yourself. I appreciate the help though.
8 years ago
Yeah just let me know the name of the fx you want and the directory location of the fx. Example:
lightning_fx located in raw>fx>amb>lightning

May have to pull off some sounds from somewhere for lightning as well, possibly even rip them from BO2. To be honest I may just add this as an option to my Avogadro script. Could see that being rather useful for people. May even add them chamber animations as well

Alright will do, yeah I think it would be an awesome addition. That's pretty much what I'm trying to do here to really add that atmospheric effect. Isn't there a way to script in weather to a map because I dont think playing an fx will look as dramatic as it could do? For instance the lightning and thunder in Clinic of Evil seems to be more than just an fx? I may be wrong though.
8 years ago
Simply make an FX (might not even have to do this as some in WaW may be sufficient enough), place some script structs in the sky, give them kvps, collect them with getstructarray, playfx on the them, and getplayers and playsound. Do you have any scripting abilities? I could probably make something up at work today on my break, but obviously only you can test it.

Sorry Nate, none of that really makes sense to me as I know nothing about Scripting. I would greatly appreciate you helping me out. I will try and find a lightning fx to use and drop you the name. Thanks again!
8 years ago
I can make something taking inspiration from ugx easy fx(like i do on my maps) just tell me, the fx you are using is a looping one or one shoot?

I dont use UGX easy FX nor do I have an fx selected that I'm using because I dont know how to do it hence why I made this topic.
8 years ago
You spawn an fx on a script_origin(or struct, cant remember witch) in the sky when the flag for power is set?
Thats a good way to do it ;)

I have no idea how to do that :/
8 years ago
From what i know its just an fx that gets move via, since its used to let the player know were avocadro is, (then when its on top of you it will attack you)

Yeah I know it's an fx in BO2 but I'm talking about how and if it can be done in WaW.
8 years ago
What I mean by the title above is that I want to recreate something similar to Tranzit where once the power is turned on lightning will appear in the sky with sounds etc. If this is possible and anyone is able to help me make this happen I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you.
8 years ago
Loading ...