or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - AwesomePieMan

You were completely right. It was me being a dumbass and thinking those errors were from the zombies coming out of the ground rather than from the vast amount of FX I had on the edges of the map.
Ah, yeah.  FX unfortunately counts towards g_spawn.  If it didn't Leviathan would have had a lot more underwater ambient FX.
8 years ago
First thing I would do is check where those things are being spawned in radiant using the coordinates given by the console.  That could give you an idea of what script is creating those entities.  If those coordinates point to a perk or a box or something then you know which script is causing the problem.  This is the first step in narrowing down where the problem originates from.
8 years ago
https://i.gyazo.com/c9c8242d902b99ec90aeeea4d1e68da8.mp4

The Numbers Mason...what do they mean?
8 years ago
This is too perfect. 

I'm almost certain the actual FX count is way higher and this isn't including them for some reason, but this just made me laugh when I saw it.
8 years ago
I'm working on a wonder weapon that does something upon impact but I only want it to do it on certain textures. For example if I shoot a brick texture nothing happens but If I shoot a specifically made texture such as "custom1" then the weapon impact will work. Right now it works on every surface type which is not what I want. Is there a way to get what surface or texture is being shot? Or maybe another way to force it to only work on certain textures?

Thanks,
Whippy

There is a way of getting what surface is shot.  I'm not sure if there is a way to get what texture is shot, but this is how you do surface:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
trace = BulletTrace( start, end, false, undefined );
if ( trace[ "surfacetype" ] != "water" )
(Example code from  _utility.gsc)

As you can see, one of the things you can check when doing bullettrace is the surface type that was hit (in this example it checking if trace["surfacetype"] is not water).  I don't think you can check for textures specifically, but you can make the one texture you want to accept hits something like snow (or anything) in asset manager and then not use that texture type anywhere else in your map.
8 years ago
what the hell could be worse than Panzer Soldats?
A lot of things...  :lied:
8 years ago
Which means panzer soldat.
Or worse.
8 years ago
Some things
8 years ago
found a new gamebreaking bug that needs look into. I had PHD and got no indication of drowning so I assumed I was In the Greenlight to go out, I had Solo QR too, so I was in the water to hack some box points outside the Biodome when I suddenly go down and Got a Gameover even with Solo Revive.

this along with the Door Hacker Bug from the last page are the only bugs I encountered.

I love this map!

Not gamebreaking.  It occurs because PHD blocks explosive damage indicators, and radiusdamage is considered explosive.  The real indication of drowning is the water on your screen.  You loose solo QR on purpose as well when you drown.  I felt like it needed to be costly to drown, and it would be weird if QR restored your air completely.
8 years ago
Another question.  Would you guys want to see the EE change a bit?  I may have an idea on how to end it differently that I like a lot.  The crystal steps would stay the same though because I really like them xD.  (Or the whole thing will stay the same, I have no idea yet.)  Also I will make the Hell's Retriever upgrade less impossible (no one has figured it out yet).  And proper anims for all guns.
8 years ago
Hex and I were talking recently and I still have the map file for The Swan.  We were thinking of updating it, changing some of the disliked things (Avogadro) and maybe adding some more stuff.  We were also thinking of using the Black Ops mod for it.  Thoughts?
8 years ago

Its ok I guess.
8 years ago
This is too perfect, with the video title and all.

8 years ago

Radi wasnt clear, so this prob explains "everyones" confusion

Ah, ok lol.
9 years ago
Loading ...