Created 8 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Hi, since im new to mapping and there are currently no tutorials on how to add zones in bo3. I tried to follow the tutorials on zoning in cod5 but things seem to have changed. Anyway when i try to add "add_adjacent_zone("spawn", "spawnnorth", "enter_spawn" );" to my map.gsc file all it does is crash my game. Any help is appreciated.
Date Registered: 21 August 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
All0utWar's Groups
All0utWar's Contact & Social Links
Hi, since im new to mapping and there are currently no tutorials on how to add zones in bo3. I tried to follow the tutorials on zoning in cod5 but things seem to have changed. Anyway when i try to add "add_adjacent_zone("spawn", "spawnnorth", "enter_spawn" );" to my map.gsc file all it does is crash my game. Any help is appreciated.

It's almost exactly the same process except for the scripting part. Set up your zones how you want them in Radiant like you would WaW. But when adding adjacent zones do this:
Go to "root/usermaps/MAPNAME/scripts/zm/MAPNAME.gsc" and comment out the first two lines, and then add the "zm_zonemgr" line for every zone you wish to add.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
function usermap_test_zone_init()
{
//level flag::init( "always_on" );
//level flag::set( "always_on" );

zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone", "zone1", "enter_zone1" );

}
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
It's almost exactly the same process except for the scripting part. Set up your zones how you want them in Radiant like you would WaW. But when adding adjacent zones do this:
Go to "root/usermaps/MAPNAME/scripts/zm/MAPNAME.gsc" and comment out the first two lines, and then add the "zm_zonemgr" line for every zone you wish to add.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
function usermap_test_zone_init()
{
//level flag::init( "always_on" );
//level flag::set( "always_on" );

zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone", "zone1", "enter_zone1" );

}

It works, but im not sure what adjacent zones i should link. This is my current layout: http://prnt.sc/col43g and i cant get zombies only to spawn in opened zones, they just keep spawning in unopened zones as well. Do you know how to fix this?
Date Registered: 21 August 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
All0utWar's Groups
All0utWar's Contact & Social Links
It works, but im not sure what adjacent zones i should link. This is my current layout: http://prnt.sc/col43g and i cant get zombies only to spawn in opened zones, they just keep spawning in unopened zones as well. Do you know how to fix this?

I don't know how to do zones like Der Riese has them. As in I don't know how to have multiple entrances to each area. This confused me in WaW as well. Doing zones like I said will work properly if you only have one entrance to an area. Make sure each zone is targeting it's specific zombie spawner.

Loading ...