UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Can't get light shafts / god rays to work.

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by krossbloom
Date Registered: 10 September 2016
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
The spookiest mapper of all time.
krossbloom's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
krossbloom's Contact & Social LinkskrossbloomYouTube
I'm currently working on my first Black Ops 3 map thanks to the release of the public mod tools beta.

Because there isn't much documentation on it right now, I've been figuring out things as I go. One thing I cannot figure out or find online is how to get light shafts / god rays on my lights.

Here is what I have:

And here is what I want to have:

As you can clearly see, there are light shafts coming through where there barricade has spaces. I know that this is more than just dust and lens flares because I have used both in mine. If anyone could help it would be SERIOUSLY appreciated.

Thank you so much!! :)
Date Registered: 22 February 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Every map needs a Panzer Soldat
Signature
HexPieRadiBirds Magical Fun Time Water Hole
AwesomePieMan's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
AwesomePieMan's Contact & Social Links
This is called volumetric fog.  First, set the KVP: volumetric to true on whichever light you want to create the effect with.  Then go to your entity browser and spawn a volume>litfog (just search for litfog in the entity browser).  Drag this over the area you want the fog to be, and then edit its KVPs.  Look for fsi_1 and then select any of the fogs from the drop down menu.  I use zm_factory_volumetric.  It should update in real time in F8 mode but if it does not, re-build your lights.  (you could also just copy the Giant's fog volume but in my opinion what I listed above is easier because you only have to change 1 KVP).
Date Registered: 10 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
The spookiest mapper of all time.
krossbloom's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
krossbloom's Contact & Social LinkskrossbloomYouTube
This is called volumetric fog.  First, set the KVP: volumetric to true on whichever light you want to create the effect with.  Then go to your entity browser and spawn a volume>litfog (just search for litfog in the entity browser).  Drag this over the area you want the fog to be, and then edit its KVPs.  Look for fsi_1 and then select any of the fogs from the drop down menu.  I use zm_factory_volumetric.  It should update in real time in F8 mode but if it does not, re-build your lights.  (you could also just copy the Giant's fog volume but in my opinion what I listed above is easier because you only have to change 1 KVP).

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the help! I really appreciate it!  :D

Loading ...