Created 8 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I want to add parkour to my map, just like in maps such as Battle for Bikini Bottom, where the player  has to jump from platform to platform, while the zombies just run over every platform without a care in the world. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Marked as best answer by Deleted User 8 years ago
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I want to add parkour to my map, just like in maps such as Battle for Bikini Bottom, where the player  has to jump from platform to platform, while the zombies just run over every platform without a care in the world. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
place a monster clip between the platforms

Ai can walk on it, players can't but I'd really suggest getting a proper traverse anim and making them jump over coz that sounds kinda lazy and will look tacky
Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:46:49 pm by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Thanks for the replies! The thought of placing monster clips in between the platforms crossed my mind but I thought that was a kind of strange way to do it and so never tried it. I tried using traverses in another map for zombies to jump up to the second floor of a building but it failed pretty hard so I just gave up on traverses for anything besides window climbing. If anyone can link me a video/wiki or something similar to learn more about traverses and their uses, that'd be great. Thanks.
Date Registered: 3 December 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
[Insert Personal Text]
Signature
Don't look in your Closet because ... I might be in there ...
Promnigy's Groups
Promnigy's Contact & Social Links
Your probably just using traverses wrong. The Nodes that mark the start and end point of that traverse are where you might have gone wrong. You need them to be at height with a zombie's waist or chest, and if you don't know where that would be just right click on the grid and go into actor. Then you need pathnodes connecting from the start to end of the traverse and need to be on the end side of it in-game to have zombies use it to see if it works properly. Hope this helped :)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
where they start and land depends on the "anim" not the nodes

treyarch just placed them in the appropriate places in the prefabs
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
where they start and land depends on the "anim" not the nodes

treyarch just placed them in the appropriate places in the prefabs

But they also act as 'pathnodes' right? At least that's what I always thought.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Sort of

Path nodes connect to them like other path nodes for the purposes of tracing the closest distance to the player

Example being my teleport traverse, if the distance to the start node, and from the end node to the player, is shorter than the distance following path nodes alone, they would path the the start node of the traverse and from the end node to the player

Loading ...