UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: DeletedUser on July 07, 2016, 02:23:22 pm

Title: Parkour?
Post by: DeletedUser on July 07, 2016, 02:23:22 pm
I want to add parkour to my map, just like in maps such as Battle for Bikini Bottom, where the player  has to jump from platform to platform, while the zombies just run over every platform without a care in the world. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Title: Re: Parkour?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 07, 2016, 02:46:15 pm
I want to add parkour to my map, just like in maps such as Battle for Bikini Bottom, where the player  has to jump from platform to platform, while the zombies just run over every platform without a care in the world. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
place a monster clip between the platforms

Ai can walk on it, players can't but I'd really suggest getting a proper traverse anim and making them jump over coz that sounds kinda lazy and will look tacky
Post by: DeletedUser on July 07, 2016, 04:14:39 pm
Thanks for the replies! The thought of placing monster clips in between the platforms crossed my mind but I thought that was a kind of strange way to do it and so never tried it. I tried using traverses in another map for zombies to jump up to the second floor of a building but it failed pretty hard so I just gave up on traverses for anything besides window climbing. If anyone can link me a video/wiki or something similar to learn more about traverses and their uses, that'd be great. Thanks.
Post by: Promnigy on July 07, 2016, 04:44:32 pm
Your probably just using traverses wrong. The Nodes that mark the start and end point of that traverse are where you might have gone wrong. You need them to be at height with a zombie's waist or chest, and if you don't know where that would be just right click on the grid and go into actor. Then you need pathnodes connecting from the start to end of the traverse and need to be on the end side of it in-game to have zombies use it to see if it works properly. Hope this helped :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 07, 2016, 05:26:36 pm
where they start and land depends on the "anim" not the nodes

treyarch just placed them in the appropriate places in the prefabs
Post by: steviewonder87 on July 07, 2016, 10:08:22 pm
where they start and land depends on the "anim" not the nodes

treyarch just placed them in the appropriate places in the prefabs

But they also act as 'pathnodes' right? At least that's what I always thought.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 07, 2016, 10:34:08 pm
Sort of

Path nodes connect to them like other path nodes for the purposes of tracing the closest distance to the player

Example being my teleport traverse, if the distance to the start node, and from the end node to the player, is shorter than the distance following path nodes alone, they would path the the start node of the traverse and from the end node to the player