My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
;)
Signature
PlutoBro's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
PlutoBro's Contact & Social Linksbro_maho_101PlutoBroPlutoBroPlutoBrobt100101
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a rather annoying issue. Basically any script_brushmodel in my map is completely invisible in the game. (this breaks my debris, doors, mini eastereggs or anything that needs a script_brushmodel.

I can't remember what I did that might cause this so I was wondering if anyone would be able to walk me through fixing this.
Whats weird is if I run near the script_brushmodels, rarely they will flash and appear normally for about half a second, so they are effeminately there, just invisible.

Screenshot of invisible brush with impact:

Its a very map breaking bug, because I dont want to release with invisible debris. Hopefully someone knows a fix..?

EDIT: Heres a gif just for an extra point of view:
Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:54:01 pm by PlutoBro
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Whats weird is if I run near the script_brushmodels, rarely they will flash and appear normally for about half a second, so they are effeminately there, just invisible.

They are female? ;D

I noticed this randomly on one script model the other day but I hadn't actually set it up as a buyable debris yet (I just copied and pasted a door from another part of the map for temporary visual purposes) so I figured it was something to do with it not having a trigger and/or duplicate targetnames or something, but I ended up removing that debris anyway and I haven't noticed it on anything else in the map.
Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:27:36 pm by steviewonder87
Date Registered: 19 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Signature
Maker of Contrivance
Psych's Groups
Psych's Contact & Social Links
It might have something to do with you not making each script_brushmodel by clicking script-->brushmodel in the right click menu. In my experience if I would highlight a bunch of different objects at once and make them script brushmodels they wouldn't show up in game. Don't know why but if you just delete what you have and re-make it they should show up (at least that's what I do when this happens)
Date Registered: 3 January 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
;)
PlutoBro's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
PlutoBro's Contact & Social Linksbro_maho_101PlutoBroPlutoBroPlutoBrobt100101
It might have something to do with you not making each script_brushmodel by clicking script-->brushmodel in the right click menu. In my experience if I would highlight a bunch of different objects at once and make them script brushmodels they wouldn't show up in game. Don't know why but if you just delete what you have and re-make it they should show up (at least that's what I do when this happens)

Literally what I did to make a brush model was make a brush and use the right click menu to do it.

Whats annoying is EVERY script_brushmodel is invisible meaning every debris or door is invisible too.

They are female? ;D

I noticed this randomly on one script model the other day but I hadn't actually set it up as a buyable debris yet (I just copied and pasted a door from another part of the map for temporary visual purposes) so I figured it was something to do with it not having a trigger and/or duplicate targetnames or something, but I ended up removing that debris anyway and I haven't noticed it on anything else in the map.

Lol they might be female :D
I dont think it would have anything to do with targetnames because the wooden script_brushmodel I shoot at in the gif is legit a brushmodel with no added Kvps I made after they turned invisible because at the time I thought it was just debris.

Double Post Merge: July 30, 2016, 03:40:12 pm
This is an ongoing issue. Can anyone else please give me some input?  :accepted:
Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:40:12 pm by PlutoBro

Loading ...