Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
masterguyperson's Contact & Social Linksmasterguyperson
Hello again. This time I seem to be having this weird issue in one specific room, and I haven't the slightest clue as to why.  (and I have pictures in game and in the editor for you guys to check out as well, follow this photobucket link here, http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/masterguyperson_the_second/library/Troubleshooting?sort=3&page=1)

SO, what is happening, basically, in game - once the player is in this one, and only one, room, it's as if the player is looking through a big caulk texture, where all parts of the room are vanishing and bits and pieces will appear and disappear seemingly at random. Upon investigating in Radiant, there is no caulk texture that appears to be hiding within this room. If you guys will take a look at the link I have supplied, I'm wondering, if maybe there is a rouge reflection_probe that may be causing the problem? Maybe a certain model is the culprit? Could it be a problem with the actual textures of the walls, or maybe even some of the FX I have set up up in there???

One thing that I want to point out, I did a test where I removed the walls and the floors (leaving all the props and decals that were on the floors and walls); upon booting up the map and entering the room, everything seemed to appear as they should, aside from the missing walls and floors of course. When I added the walls back (note that I didn't just CTRL+Z/undo what I did, I actually took the time to add back new walls) and even putting on a different texture, the same problem reoccurred, unfortunately.

Does anyone know what is the cause of the problem, and have any kind of solution?

Thanks! 

Double Post Merge: February 15, 2017, 10:56:26 pm
Gee, this will be the third time in a row that I have answered my own question after posting for help.

So I was finally able to eradicate the problem, and I'll explain what I did in just a moment. But first, let me pitch my theory as to why this was happening. SO, the room that I was referring to was closed off (at least visually). The room had only one doorway at the time, and there was a door in that doorway. My guess is that something might of confused the optimization protocols of the game, being that there should be no way that the player should be able to see into that room, as there were no windows, no holes in the door, or anywhere, and because of that it just glitched the hell out of that room - that's just a guess that I had, it kind of sounds silly, but I have no other kind of explanation as to what was happening, haha!

What I did to solve the problem was me finishing putting in the second doorway on the level below the first. I did not put a door into that second doorway, and lo and behold, the room is appearing just as it should be!

Beats me as to what to real problem was, but I am just glad that it's working as it should be now, yay! :D
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:56:26 pm by masterguyperson

Loading ...