Date Registered: 31 March 2016
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
mattb10's Groups
mattb10's Contact & Social Links
so my ugx mod manager installs mods into /codwaw/players/profiles/mattb10/mods.  I'm not sure how that folder got created and I tried installing a symbolic link creator but that didn't fix it.  The maps are installing in the right folder but inside the map folders, there are only two files, mpdata, and mpdatabk0000.  nothing else.  could someone help me?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
To simplyfy, just move the folders to the right location
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
mattb10's Groups
To simplyfy, just move the folders to the right location

I tried, and like I said, it only has two files in it, not the rest to play the map
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
That's "not" where they are meant to go your looking at the wrong thing

It should install to appdata - activision - cod waw - mods

If it's not in there download it again

The folder you mentioned is some other data, the map "shouldn't" be there - and it's not, so that's correct

My experience with map manager sometimes it completes but I check after and the map was never placed in that folder - I do it again, then it works
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:21:20 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
mattb10's Groups
That's "not" where they are meant to go your looking at the wrong thing

It should install to appdata - activision - cod waw - mods

If it's not in there download it again

The folder you mentioned is some other data, the map "shouldn't" be there - and it's not, so that's correct

My experience with map manager sometimes it completes but I check after and the map was never placed in that folder - I do it again, then it works

ok, my stuff downloads into /codwaw/players/profiles/mattb10/mods for some reason that I don't know.  on top of that, it does not download the maps at all.  just two random files that don't do anything.  I've tried just about everything, mod manager needs some way to choose which folder it downloads into

Edit: I just found someone on this forum from a few months ago who had the same problem.  I have to exit out of steam, and run it as an administrator.  is there anything else I can do, because I don't want to do that every time

oh and another thing, I don't even have a mods folder but I can play the maps.
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:43:14 pm by HitmanVere
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
ok, my stuff downloads into /codwaw/players/profiles/mattb10/mods for some reason that I don't know.  on top of that, it does not download the maps at all.  just two random files that don't do anything.  I've tried just about everything, mod manager needs some way to choose which folder it downloads into

Edit: I just found someone on this forum from a few months ago who had the same problem.  I have to exit out of steam, and run it as an administrator.  is there anything else I can do, because I don't want to do that every time

oh and another thing, I don't even have a mods folder but I can play the maps.
my point is the two files your finding are irrelevent, forget you ever saw them ( map manager isnt downloading these files too the "wrong place" they are "not the files" you are looking for )

as for the download issue, check the map manager thread, all IO can suggest really is "try again"

you "should" be looking here ( I have no idea why your even in the profiles part... ) :

I too have files in this other directory but "they" are irrelevent

Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:48:53 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
mattb10's Groups
my point is the two files your finding are irrelevent, forget you ever saw them ( map manager isnt downloading these files too the "wrong place" they are "not the files" you are looking for )

as for the download issue, check the map manager thread, all IO can suggest really is "try again"

you "should" be looking here ( I have no idea why your even in the profiles part... ) :

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm fairly new with pc games in general.  I do have what you have in your second picture, but the issue I guess is that they aren't downloading into the actual mods folder
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
mattb10's Groups

I found what the problem is.  since I'm using a school computer, under c:/users there are two, there is mine, and the admin one.  the mods have been installing into the admin one, how can I make it so that the maps install under my user and into the mods folder in the activision folder in the appdata of my user?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
dont know, but you can just move them

think there is a way to change it tho, check the launcher topic

Loading ...