broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 May 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
OrcishAssassin's Contact & Social Links
So, I've made maps in the past, only two, and they have both turned out perfectly, the zombies take down barriers, and chase the player around, but recently I decided to make another map. I made it all in one sitting. It was just a small map with only one barrier, but when I built the mod and compiled and ran it, the game started in Chinese or Japanese for whatever reason, and I couldn't move (I'm guessing its because it was trying to read a foreign keyboard).

I thought it might have been an error with the files, so I uninstalled CoD completely, then reinstalled it, and downloaded and extracted all of the mod tools back into the fresh folder. I then created a map just to test it, it was simply a small platform with a light and a player spawner, but the same problem occurred, it was in another language. Starting up CoD normally presents me with an English game, and my previous maps and other maps I've installed all run in English, but as soon as I launch my more recent maps, they are in a foreign language.

I've done every bit of troubleshooting I can imagine to fix this error, but if somebody has an idea, I will be willing to test it, because I am very passionate about map-making and hope to have this error fixed ASAP.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
 ;D

Are you sure it's not just the infamous 'alien' font?
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:53:51 pm by steviewonder87
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
All I can think of:

Steam: If for whatever reason you are using a VPN or proxy when you re-downloaded WaW, turn it off, incase it thinks you're chinese, or maybe your country/locale was set to china or something

Disc: look through some files in WaW root folder looking for localization/language related things. For example "localization.txt", or the Language setting in "version.inf", or something else idk

No idea if these would work but worth a shot i guess
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:28:38 pm by Koan
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
There is a chance I had hamachi running in the background. I will make sure that I turn it completely off next time I get the chance to work with it.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
What kind of troll is this...?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Haha. Not a troll. I see how you could think I am one tho, because this is a very, VERY odd error.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Stevie mentioned that it might just be a common problem we call 'alien text', can you show us a screenshot of what's happening?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
After looking up the alien font, I realized saying it was chinese might have been offensive ;D They look kind of similar tho.
But yeah, it is the alien font, I will look up how to fix it myself so you don't have to respond to this post anymore. Thanks to the people that helped :D

http://imgur.com/a/K2NB0 This is what I see BTW.
Marked as best answer by OrcishAssassin 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
After looking up the alien font, I realized saying it was chinese might have been offensive ;D They look kind of similar tho.
But yeah, it is the alien font, I will look up how to fix it myself so you don't have to respond to this post anymore. Thanks to the people that helped :D

http://imgur.com/a/K2NB0 This is what I see BTW.

Yeah next time look up what the Chinese language looks like, this is a common issue. :please:

If not using UGX mod, try something like this https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11704.msg129801.html#msg129801 or this https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3271.msg33713.html#msg33713

If using UGX mod look at this https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/UGX+Mod+Standalone+v1.0.3+Manual+Installation and ctrl+f "alien"
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Okay, I was trying to look it up myself but couldn't find any answers. I'm going to try what you suggested and hope it works! I'm sorry if saying it was Chinese sounded racist ;D

Loading ...