Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
DIFFICULTY: Beginner - Professional

Hello UGX!
I have decided to put this tutorial together because I have noticed the the quality of the user tutorials out there is just TERRIBLE!
So sit back, relax, and let me teach you how to make a tutorial! Trust me... you need help!

1. Numbering or Bullets:
The first thing to consider when making a tutorial is how your going to organize your tutorial. Using bullets, dashes, and numbers is a great way to show steps and key points. It looks a lot more organized and professional than just randomly spouting out information. Use different colors and sizes of text to highlight key points. Stay consistent with your style throughout your tutorial. You can use this tutorial as an example.

2. Be Specific:
When your making your tutorial, keep in mind that the person following this tutorial might have a lower skill level than you. Just because you know something, doesn't mean that the reader knows it too. For example, Rather than saying:
Put the contents in your App Data folder
You should say:
Put the downloaded files in the App Data folder which can be located at C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\MAPNAME
Just because you know where that folder is, doesn't mean that we know where that folder is. If your tutorial is meant for a more advanced modder, then tell us that up front. (See top of topic) Don't wait for the person realize this halfway through. If your making a tutorial, your job is to tell us exactly what goes where. If you just give us vague, non-descriptive statements, nobody will be able to follow your tutorial. Everyone is going to get errors and stuff is just not gonna work. Its probably not their fault... its yours. Explain things, be descriptive, and save us all some time and frustration.

3. Grammar and Style of Writing:
Here is an example of what your tutorial should NOT look like:
Put da Fi;les in ur mod fulder and A1s0 DONt forget to CoMPOILE yiur map  nd moDD. Tkx & giv credditS to xXUSERNAMEXx.
If your going to make a tutorial, make a tutorial that is easy to read and understand. That may be how you text your buddies but it shouldn't be how you do Tutorials. Please use proper English and spell things correctly. Spell check is a BEAUTIFUL thing! USE IT! Now, i'm not saying you have to write a book but your tutorial should resemble something that is easy to follow. If you make tutorials like the one above, then don't even bother posting it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well I hope this tutorial helped a lot! Right now most of the tutorials out there SUCK! I hope to see an improvement in the quality of tutorials you guys make. ;) (Also don't be afraid to use some emojis. They convey emotion and tone of voice which the reader may not be able to detect in your words alone. Just don't go overboard.) Thanks for listening! Have a nice day :)
Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:37:53 am by MZslayer11
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Tutorialception! Lol. Nice tips.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Id like to see Bamskaters tutorials redone following this

at the top it says this :

1. If you have nazi_zombie_MAPNAME_patch in the mod folder you compile, delete it.
2. you can change the perk limit by adjusting level.perk_limit = 4; in _zombiemode.gsc
3. remove from your nazi_zombie_MAPNAME.gsc
4. always use the nazi_zombie_MAPNAME_patch from the latest Add-On. if you download older Add-Ons just place the IWDs

Code Snippet
Plaintext
players = get_players();
for(i=0;i<players.size;i++)
{
players[i] thread staminup();
players[i] thread deadshot();
players[i] thread mulekick();
}

I never did work out what is even meant by the above... Where the hell does the code section posted even come into anything? Its never said? Unless its referring to this "3. remove from your nazi_zombie_MAPNAME.gsc" which also makes no sense, as the code is clearly from his script not a stock one???

The mule kick fix is thrown randomly into the middle of it, It DOESNT refer you to the _zombiemode_weapons.gsc like it should either, and EVERYONE seems to have problems with it

Not hating, just giving a example. Might make perfect sense to him, but makes no sense to me?
Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:25:31 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I basically decided to make this tutorial after looking at one of his tutorials! 

Loading ...