Date Registered: 22 January 2013
Last active: 11 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
seanferguson's Groups
seanferguson's Contact & Social Links
ok i re wired the switch and still nothing.. i did a test with the battery connected and its a sold 7.4 volts from the in/output of the regulator. is there any other test i can do? i think if fried it :(. if i had the wires connected incorectly and added the battery could that have fried it?
thanks for your help so far it means alot.

broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
ok i re wired the switch and still nothing.. i did a test with the battery connected and its a sold 7.4 volts from the in/output of the regulator. is there any other test i can do? i think if fried it :(. if i had the wires connected incorectly and added the battery could that have fried it?
thanks for your help so far it means alot.
You should be getting 7.4v input, 3.1-3.3v output. If you are getting 7.4v output from your regulator then your board is definitely fried now.

if i had the wires connected incorectly and added the battery could that have fried it?
Yes. I wired my first board with t he wrong voltage and it fried the board. The LED still came on but its dead. Most of the time the LED won't even light up when the board is fried.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
seanferguson's Groups
yeah no worries practise makes perfect. thanks heaps fr your help so far, your the only one ho has given me the time to help! legend. could i also ask, when im checking the voltage form the regulator input, red obviously goes on input and where does the black go? aswell as the output just so be 100% iv done it right.. thanks again
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
yeah no worries practise makes perfect. thanks heaps fr your help so far, your the only one ho has given me the time to help! legend. could i also ask, when im checking the voltage form the regulator input, red obviously goes on input and where does the black go? aswell as the output just so be 100% iv done it right.. thanks again
Red goes on positive (what you refer to as input) and black goes on the negative or ground connection, whichever is applicable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3OyQ3HwfU
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
seanferguson's Groups
hi again, thanks for your  help so far.. im just trying to confirm the output voltage for the regulator.. i dont have a clue how to check if it is out putting 3.3V, do you have a vid or can you explain how i do it? like do i put the positive of the battery to the input and the negative to the output then just touch the connections? or
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
hi again, thanks for your  help so far.. im just trying to confirm the output voltage for the regulator.. i dont have a clue how to check if it is out putting 3.3V, do you have a vid or can you explain how i do it? like do i put the positive of the battery to the input and the negative to the output then just touch the connections? or
Do you have a digital multimeter which is capable of measuring DC current?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
seanferguson's Groups
yep sure do at the ready
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
yep sure do at the ready
Positive (red) poker touches the output wire of the regulator (the one going from the corner of the regulator to the 3.3v pad on the N64 board. Negative (black) poker touches any negative point on the board (which is any ground connector).
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
seanferguson's Groups
thanks mate. do you have a pic of your video in wiring diagram at all? 64 board is now powering up thanks to you! i just need to to connect to the little lcd monitr 7" im using..
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
thanks mate. do you have a pic of your video in wiring diagram at all? 64 board is now powering up thanks to you! i just need to to connect to the little lcd monitr 7" im using..
Not offhand, no. I might be able to snap a picture soon though if I don't forget. It's pretty simple, wire the composite yellow cable to the signal pad on the board, and wire the ground to a ground point. Power the LCD from the 7v pad on the N64 board where your battery connects - make sure your screen can run on that much/little voltage first or you may risk ruining something.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
seanferguson's Groups
ok all good. i tried soldering the yellow to composite but nothing the monitor and board powers up fine but it keeps saying no signal, i have a game in and the expansion pack.. god dammit!!
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
ok all good. i tried soldering the yellow to composite but nothing the monitor and board powers up fine but it keeps saying no signal, i have a game in and the expansion pack.. god dammit!!
Just to clarify - there is a center wire in the composite cable that is very small - this is the signal. The copper wire stranded around this inner wire is the ground. If you do not properly ground the video signal it will not output.
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
any new pics comming soon?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
any new pics comming soon?
Hopefully during spring break I will have time to finish it more. Haven't done anything so far.
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Hopefully during spring break I will have time to finish it more. Haven't done anything so far.

ok

Loading ...