Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Battlefield is giving COD the hands rn
Signature
I just spent two hours moving trees around.

Gold Station Zombies: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5911.0
sedozz's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
sedozz's Contact & Social Linksosean17sedozzsedozz
I was hoping to get a better idea of what the community likes in terms of their Easter Eggs. I've been planning out the egg for my map and I'm torn between making an egg that is legitimately difficult and complex and a challenge to figure out or one that is not as challenging and easier to complete.

Personally, I prefer Easter Eggs that need to be discovered and are hidden accordingly. But I realize that this may just be annoying to people and thus just not worth the effort. Thoughts?

broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Take a look at the Easter Egg in Leviathan. Quite complex, but people do it. Eventually, it resolved into being doable with 2 players. I'd say keeping it fairly complex, but not "Der Eisendrache-complex" would suit you well. As long as it's a map people won't mind doing objectives for. It's not much fun to keep 1 crawlers alive for half an hour just running around doing objectives.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
theres two answers to this really

the average user around here, unless its glowing, screaming and visually displaying hintstrings - and can be completed in the first hour without ever needing to explore the map more than once that leads to a buyable ending - they are happy ( no cheap shots there, thats my honest opinion )

The youtubers, the seasoned professionals and the teams - love a bit of complexity and actually enjoy it "more" if it takes longer or more than one try, requiring a careful eye and strategy planning that leads to some kind of big reward so they can continue playing and so they actually "gain" something from it

Then of course theres the people that "only" play maps to see if they can bug it out, get over a clip, crawl around on the floor looking for floating models, and wear 7.1 surround sound headphones on 2 million decibals so they can point out the smallest incorrect sounds and shooting every model and texture they see checking for collision - but they dont count as they are not playing for "entertainment" so will never be impressed or amused

depends on your demographc, is basically what im saying
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:30:49 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...