Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Where can I sell it? And I'm planning ahead for Christmas and/or my birthday in May. (I one of those people who likes to do extensive search before he gets something, but somehow finds a way to make it better after the damage is done) I was actually thinking about getting the GeForce 770.
eBay is the best place to sell it, but you could also try Craigslist. I would put it in both places to maximize your exposure.

You won't regret the GTX 770 but you'll probably only see about a 15 to 20FPS increase in your tests until you make a CPU upgrade to i7 territory. The CPU I have is basically the top of the i5 line and yours is close behind, but the newer i7's completely blow both of our CPUs out of the water.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
eBay is the best place to sell it, but you could also try Craigslist. I would put it in both places to maximize your exposure.

You won't regret the GTX 770 but you'll probably only see about a 15 to 20FPS increase in your tests until you make a CPU upgrade to i7 territory. The CPU I have is basically the top of the i5 line and yours is close behind, but the newer i7's completely blow both of our CPUs out of the water.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
So, should I first buy the 770 and then sell the 9000 Series so as to always have a graphics card?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
So, should I first buy the 770 and then sell the 9000 Series so as to always have a graphics card?
I'm fairly certain your 3470k has integrated graphics capabilities, which means you would still be able to use your computer without the graphics card inserted. However you won't be able to play most games, and the ones you will be able to play will perform poorly.

If it were me I would front the money for the GTX 770 first and then sell your 7950 afterwords to make some of the money back.

Of course if that isn't an option for you then yes you will have to sell it and deal with the integrated graphics until you get the new one. I would wait until you at least have enough money to buy the GTX 770 immediately after selling the 7950.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
If it were me I would front the money for the GTX 770 first and then sell your 7950 afterwords to make some of the money back.
So if it were you, you would first get enough money to buy the 770 and sell the AMD and THEN buy the 770?
And this is what your talking about? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121770
There's also this one for an extra $20: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921
Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:03:28 am by BioAftermath
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So if it were you, you would first get enough money to buy the 770 and sell the AMD and THEN buy the 770?
And this is what your talking about? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121770
There's also this one for an extra $20: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921
Definitely go for the SuperClocked version (second link). If you can go even higher, there's a monster 4GB version of that card here: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-04G-P4-3774-KR/dp/B00E5AEIKE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383538548&sr=8-2&keywords=EVGA+SuperClocked+770

It's definitely worth the extra $40 over the 2GB Superclocked one you linked to.

If it were me I would buy the 770 first and then sell the 7950. And I would buy the 4GB version for the extra $40.

I was just making the point that if you couldn't afford to buy the 770 before you sold the 7950 then you could survive on the integrated graphics chip for however long you had to wait for the 770 to arrive in the mail.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Definitely go for the SuperClocked version (second link). If you can go even higher, there's a monster 4GB version of that card here: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-04G-P4-3774-KR/dp/B00E5AEIKE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383538548&sr=8-2&keywords=EVGA+SuperClocked+770

It's definitely worth the extra $40 over the 2GB Superclocked one you linked to.

If it were me I would buy the 770 first and then sell the 7950. And I would buy the 4GB version for the extra $40.

I was just making the point that if you couldn't afford to buy the 770 before you sold the 7950 then you could survive on the integrated graphics chip for however long you had to wait for the 770 to arrive in the mail.
Hopefully I can get the one in the link that you sent me and replace my old one. Thanks man, you've been a great help. And lets say after I get the one for $40 extra dollars in that link you sent me, how many frames about will I be seeing more compared to my AMD?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Hopefully I can get the one in the link that you sent me and replace my old one. Thanks man, you've been a great help. And lets say after I get the one for $40 extra dollars in that link you sent me, how many frames about will I be seeing more compared to my AMD?
You will be completely maxing out your CPU after getting any version of that 770, so the FPS improvement is completely determined by how much your CPU can handle when it's not held back by the graphics card's limitations. If you were getting 17FPS at 50% CPU load I would expect it to nearly double. If you were to upgrade to an i7 you'd at least triple it, and if you bought that 4280k I mentioned earlier it would really let that 770 soar.

Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
You will be completely maxing out your CPU after getting any version of that 770, so the FPS improvement is completely determined by how much your CPU can handle when it's not held back by the graphics card's limitations. If you were getting 17FPS at 50% CPU load I would expect it to nearly double. If you were to upgrade to an i7 you'd at least triple it, and if you bought that 4280k I mentioned earlier it would really let that 770 soar.
And I was just about to ask you how M=much of an improvement the i7 would make.

Loading ...