Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Today I was prompted to do another windows update, so I did it just like I always do. (It said "Your PC will restart in 8 mins to install updates" and I clicked "Restart Now" to get it over with). This time, when my PC booted up, some steam games are not launching correctly. Some games effected by this are MW2 and WaW. However, Left 4 Dead 2 works just fine. I'm guessing that its a problem with directX but I don't know anything about it and I don't know how to fix it. What happens is, I launch the game, steam loads up, and the game appears to launch. The screen then goes black and returns to the desktop but the game is still open in the background. I can hear music playing from the main menu. If I click on the tab that is open, the screen goes black and returns back to the desktop again. Have any of you had this issue? Any help fixing it? I'm running windows 8.1 BTW.

Loading ...