Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX Co-Founder
Note: This process requires that you have access to files from Call of Duty 4 and its modtools. You should also have WinRAR installed.

You can download a small mod which I made using this guide, here:
www.mediafire.com

If you're making a map set in a modern setting, or simply want to freshen up the user interface and change its appearance, you can do this by replacing the World at War font files with those from Call of Duty 4. I spent a few hours the other night searching for files and testing different methods out to see if I could replace the in-game font, and after a fair bit of trial and error, I've managed to come up with an easy method of replacing the font to give World at War a COD4-esque appearance. This could be a really nice finishing touch for a new map or mod. :)

Steps for replacing the font files and including them in your mod:
There are several font files located in "Call of Duty - World at War/raw/english/fonts." Here's a screenshot of that folder:

These need to be replaced by the files from Call of Duty 4. Make sure you make a backup of the World at War originals first, then navigate to the same files in the Call of Duty 4 folder (this will be the same folder path as the one from World at War, raw/english/fonts) Copy these over to the World at War fonts folder, and click "yes" to overwrite files. Now the files should be the COD4 ones.

The next thing to do is to include these files in your mod, so that they are used in-game when the mod is launched. To do this, open up Launcher and go to the Mod Builder tab.Select your mod from the drop-down list, thenn the "Fastfile mod.csv" box, insert the following lines:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
font,fonts/consolefont
font,fonts/bigfont
font,fonts/smallfont
font,fonts/boldfont
font,fonts/normalfont
font,fonts/extrabigfont
font,fonts/objectivefont

You can build your mod.ff at this point if you wish, but I will leave that step until the end because we must also include an image in the IWD file, and it's more straightforward build the whole mod at the same time.

Now there's one more thing to do - we need to extract an image file from Call of Duty 4, and include it in the mod's IWD file. The image is called "gamefonts_pc.iwi" and is located in "CoD4 root/main/localized_english_iw00.iwd". Open the IWD file with WinRAR, go into the "images" folder, and you should see this:

Drag the file onto your desktop, then copy it into "WAW root/mods/your_mod_name_here/images".
Now open up Launcher again and go back to the Mod Builder tab. After re-selecting your mod from the list, you should now see this (if not, try restarting Launcher):

Check the box for "gamefonts_pc.iwi" on the right-hand side, then also check the boxes for Build mod.ff Fastfile and Build IWD file. Now you can click Build Mod, and you're done! The font should now appear totally different when you launch your mod in-game.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the finished result in-game:

broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 19 November 2011
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
OnlineX420's Groups
OnlineX420's Contact & Social LinksOX420Online
great tut, ill have to do this when i have time  :)

Loading ...