Date Registered: 22 December 2020
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Extundo_2002's Groups
Extundo_2002's Contact & Social Links
Hello, my name is Jesse and I am quite frankly a noob when it comes to modding and mapping. Recently, I have got myself into modding CoD more, especially mapping. The mod tools for WaW caught my attention because of zombies, and I know how the tools work. However, I have ran into a problem with one of the tools required for creating/porting custom assets. I seem to get 'FAILED TO EXECUTE: asset_manager ' in the launcher, and when ran in Windows alone, it seems to give an error saying there is incorrect side-by-side configuration.

Keep in mind, the COD4 Asset Manager works without a problem..

Research and results from UGX indiacate this is due to lacking certain prerequisites. I have installed Visual C++ 2005 and it's SP1 update already, though, I can't seem to get the SP1 updates for .NET Framework. Whenever I try installing the service packs, it says enable .NET in Windows Features first. Though, it is already enabled. This seems to be where I am going wrong, .NET Framework can't update, therefore I cannot use Asset Manager. I may try disabling and enabling .NET again and then trying it, but am afraid it won't work. I also have a machine with Windows 8.1 that I am currently setting up so I can test that machine.

If you are curious, here are my systems' specs. But, I do know that this is irrelevant

System 1 (Dell Optiplex) Specs:
-Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
-Intel Core i5-2400
-12 GB DDR3 Memory
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

System 2 Specs:
-Windows 8.1 Core (Unactivated, testing purposes only)
-AMD Phenom II x4 840
-4 GB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce 220 (have other cards to use too, like a 1060 but the CPU is bottlenecked by it, but I still may use it in some cases)

My gaming laptop may come into play, which has a 1050 TI, however, it lacks support for older operating systems and older WIN10 versions before the Fall Creators Update.

Hopefully I can get this working or someone from the community can help. Apprciated :)

Edit: Disabling and Enabling .NET to update it lacks function. Same results.

AS OF 12/28/20 AT 12:10 AM: I do not need this anymore, moderators can avoid the approval of this thread. The Asset Manager now works.
Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:12:37 am by Extundo_2002

Loading ...