or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RonanMerriman

There must be something seriously awesome behind the that six...  :pffft:
9 years ago
Looks pretty cool so far. I would be awesome to you expand and add new areas to the mat that suit the theme. I think that would be less limiting than putting zombies straight into a multiplayer map.
9 years ago
If you want bumps and dents and things to make the texture look even better, you could look into normal maps.
9 years ago
Alright it's fixed now. I just took the graphics card out and put it back in, easy. I guess I'll just do that whenever this happens again. Finally I can return to max settings!
9 years ago
No, that would not affect the monitor's connection while the computer is still booting in the BIOS.

I have tried before a while ago and form what I can recall it still went instantly to power save mode but I'll try again anyway.
9 years ago
What cable do you normally use to connect your monitor to the graphics card? DVI?

Yes a DVI. Initially I switched between HDMI and DVI but it was still the same.
9 years ago
So I've been having this extremely frustrating issue with my computer for a while now. Whenever I turned it on, my monitor would instantly go into power save mode. This happened ever time. I got around it in the early days by turn on the monitor at different times after turning on the computer. Then that took way to many tries and stopped working for me. Then, until recently I spammed F5 after turning both on at the same time. This worked for a while and for some reason now it doesn't.

One day after trying for ages, spamming F5 and turning the monitor on at different times, I deduced that the problem was arising from my graphics card because I plugged my DVI cable into my motherboard's port and after spamming F5, the monitor comes on first try.

This has been bothering me for a while and I was wondering if anyone knows what's up with my graphics card and if there's any solution [other than buying a new graphics card].

Graphics Card in Question:     ASUS Radeon R7265-DC2-2GD5 - 2GB - PCI-E

------

PC Specs: Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz
                 Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K
                 Ram: 8.00GB
                 Monitor: Dell SP2208WFP(Digital)
10 years ago
I added all the default easy FX efx files, I have now found that this is too much for UGX Mod(silly me). Go into ugx_easy_fx.gsc and *MAPNAME*_patch.csv(zone_source) and comment out any FX that you don't want.

Right so I'll get on that.

Edit: Ok I think I messed up everything. Only after deleting a load of lines did I realise what commenting out actually was...  :facepalm:. There doesn't seem to be an option to delete a map in the current version but ill try and make a new one anyway and test it out some more. Also, I was a bit confused some stuff. The MAPNAME_patch.csv and ugx_easy_fx.gsc don't contain "400fx". Will commenting out all of them fix the error even though all of them are not shown?
10 years ago
Did you ensure to check it in the IWD list? Something that I plan to implement in the program is that it automatically checks it but unfortunately it's not included in this version.

Ah! I didn't. Silly me. I ticked the loadscreen boxes but forgot about that one thanks. I'll get back to you if/when it works.

Edit: Great, 400 fx limit error :/
10 years ago
Nice program guys! Worked great with ease. Just one thing though. When I launch the map via the singleplayer button [UGX Mod enabled] I get and error saying that ugx_easyfx.gsc is missing, or something like that. This is probably something small but I could use some help. Had UGX Easy FX ticked in the script placer BTW.

Pic:
Spoiler: click to open...
10 years ago
That honestly looks amazing. I presume your going to change the zombie models? Or perhaps you want to stick with under-water nazis :D
10 years ago
I honestly can't wait for this map. Amazing work!

I'd say offset some vert lines in that ice-cave so it doesn't look so straight.
10 years ago
Beautiful. Epic work!
10 years ago
This happens when you try and open a prefab you just saved. Re-open radiant and it'll be fine. It might work if you open a different .map file and try and open the prefab in there.

I've got this before and I laughed too :D
10 years ago
Loading ...