or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RonanMerriman

Looking really nice and atmospheric, keep up the great work!
9 years ago
That HUD is sexy as fuck, really awesome work! I don't know if you already were going to do this but it'd be nice for the menu screen to have the sleek curved look that the HUD does, would be more consistent you know, plus it'd look great.
9 years ago
the spec maps look great actually, just world at war has shit textures. Export them from another game

Another note, very good job on the project dukip

Alright then, I suppose it's grand now if the image limit is increased too.
9 years ago
It'd be nice to increase the terrain verts limit so I don't sweat spinal fluid whenever I place down a patch. I don't if it's possible but it'd be nice to improve the lighting system so that spec maps look less cartoony and more like BO1/2. That'd be awesome.
9 years ago
I thought it looked pretty sick TBH. The setting looks cool and so do the characters plus it looks pretty fun. But I could only think of Monsters Inc. when I saw the boss guy!
9 years ago
Cropped up during some applied maths homework this evening:

9 years ago
Main Issue:
This problem is back again with a vengeance. The monitor just stays in power save mode for the majority of times I turn the PC on. The thing is, I can't really say the issue is arising from the monitor getting no signal from the graphics card because it worked before and works at random times. It's this inconsistency that really annoys me. I can no longer sit at my desk in confidence that my PC will work.

I'm typing this through the use of the onboard graphics. Why don't I continue using the PC through this input you might ask, well the graphics card ins't for show. I intend on using it.

How I normally get the PC on:
Most of the time I turn the PC on first followed be the monitor and immediately spam F5, that's the most successful way. When I say that I mean it ranges for the first try to about 3 - 6 tries to get monitor working. Once of twice before it came on first try without touching anything, which is what it should be like right? But this is very rare. Two days ago it became futile doing these things as ages of trying to turn it on never prevailed, as if the card just gave up on life or something.

The Fix:
So I have tried the following with no success:

-Try a different monitor
-Take out the card an re-seat it
-Turing the PC on minus one stick of RAM
-Tried a different DVI cable
-Unplugging everything and holding the power button for 10 - 30 secs [looked it up]
-Even cleaned the dust off of all the fans [looked it up too]

Maybe there's something I missing or something I shouldn't be doing. Hopefully someone knows what could be going on and how to fix it. This has been going on far too long now. I want to know that every time I want to use the computer, it will work, and consistently too [not just work once type of thing].

If I still can't get it fixed I'll seek help on one of those specific PC issue fixing type sites.

Here's a picture of the setup out of interest:
Spoiler: click to open...
9 years ago
I'd go with the yellow one, suites the map more what with hazard stripes and such  :P
9 years ago
So this is an issue that I've had with almost every ported model for some time now. The messed up physics presets cause the models to prevent compiling of any map that they're in. This is stopping me from using any models at all from other games, which I'd rather do. However, I found an apparent solution; http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Fixing_Physic_Preset . In following this tutorial there's just one thing that I'm confused about, step 3, how do I actually give a model a physics preset?

I'd rather not move on with the tutorial without knowing for sure what the story is. Hopefully this will be the end this BS and I'll be able to use any xmodel without fear of crashing while compiling every time. I don't even know if this will fix the error, it'd be great if anyone knew a bit about this area too. Here's the error that's preventing the compile:

Spoiler: click to open...

Double Post Merge: January 03, 2015, 05:16:27 pm
So I have deduced that this error is not coming from the physics presets as I figured out how to fix them. Although there are no errors relating the presets, the fatal error still remains. My guess would be that there's something else up with the ported models that launcher doesn't like.

I would greatly appreciate any help or ideas as far as a fix. Also, it would be great if someone who knows a bit about this stuff could explain it so I can prevent any future instances of this bullshit.
9 years ago
At last! Been waiting for this one for the whole contest.
9 years ago
Lovin' the mod dude! The weapons are are top notch but one thing that stood out was how weak some of them are. The magnum take 6 shots to kill on round 2 and the SPAS-12, one of my favorite shotguns in any COD, really sucks. The snipers felt very weak too, as well as the assault rifles, just an all round damage increase on everything would be great. Just a few suggestions as far as weapons:

-On the F2000, it'd be cool to have it with it's red dot sight. I think it looks really cool.
-From MW2 I'd like to see the L86 LSW, M240b(with different fire sounds), G18 & Barrett .50cal(love this version, hate MW3 one and COD4 is old).
-From BO2 I'd like to see the AN-94, M8A1 & LSAT. I personally would like to see the BO2 MP7 instead of the MW3 one(don't ask, I just hate that game), I think it looks and sounds better.
-If you don't plan on adding any wonder weapons or even a custom one, I think you should at least have the Ray Gun in there.

Eventually it would be awesome to see this mod come to Der Riese, or even custom maps. Hopefull this helped  ;)
9 years ago
Awesome to see this map has not been forgotten. Can't wait but greatness take time I guess...
9 years ago
Use the insert picture button below the bold button or use [img] The URL of image here [/img1] and remove the 1 from the last bracket.
9 years ago
Definitely would love to see Killzone 2/3 and Ratchet & Clank guns, but they're PS3 exclusives so dunno if it's poosible.
9 years ago
Loading ...