or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Rollonmath42

The weapon file used in MW1, so mine was in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare\raw\weapons\sp\p90 specifically for the P90.
12 years ago
No I had the right animations, its something different in the file that caused it to work, maybe all of those variables between the reload time and the gunmodel.
12 years ago
It works now, I just had to use the original file from MW1.  :troll:
12 years ago
Snipers work because they dont really use ADS anims. It just puts an image on the screen of a scope.

That makes sense...

I took another look in the file I have for the P90 and it had the animation for the Thompson (since I replaced, not a full move over) for ads_up so I changed it to viewmodel_p90_ads_up and down, but in game it had the gun in front of me instead of aiming forward (it was sideways, covering my view)... I changed it back and it's the same problem with ADS.

Edit: Hmm, I read what I just wrote and I just thought I should try using the weapon file for the actual weapon, not the Thompson and see if it works.
12 years ago
I got excited because sniper rifles work, not anything else. If you include the weapon file in the mod.csv, the compiler does the work for you so you don't have to do anything about moving x files into your mod. I also changed the part darkmapper already said. I'm not sure why but even though they were commented, I change the part I posted to the viewhands_black_kit and it works, for snipers. Even though I included the images for the hands, it still shows Dempsey's hands.
12 years ago
Nope, still shows Dempsey's arms...
12 years ago
That's weird, lines 93-450 are commented out... and what you just posted is already within those lines :/... I took out the comments things and deleted the part I posted. About to test.
12 years ago
Hmm, it isn't loading the black hands for the black_kit... It still has the hands of Dempsey.

Here is the section that I changed the hands to the viewhands_black_kit:

add_weapon( "custom_sako" );
      PrecacheItem( "napalmblob" );
      PrecacheItem( "napalmbloblight" );
      set_switch_weapon( "custom_sako" );

set_laststand_pistol( "ray_gun" );

set_player_viewmodel( "viewhands_black_kit");
      set_player_interactive_hands( "viewhands_black_kit");

level.campaign = "american";
      return;

If it helps that first line is at 451. I included the image for the hands as well but it still does the normal hands.
12 years ago
Isn't that viewhands_black_kit? I never saw my character with those hands even though I added the hand model.
12 years ago
I don't think I'll be making Black Ops maps... I've got a different remake of something else I'm working on instead. I don't understand what you are saying in that last sentence. Proper grammar/English?
12 years ago
So for some reason I can get sniper rifles to work perfect from CoD4 into CoD5 but if I do something other than that, it doesn't let me ADS all the way. It only goes half way. All of the other animations work perfectly fine and I can move around, it's just the ADS animation. Any ideas as to why it isn't working?

Here is an example with the P90, this is before ADS:

This is during ADS:
12 years ago
I've gotten into porting the guns, but the only error I have that's stopping me from doing a tutorial or releasing a map with them is that the iron sight (for example, with lets say the P90) doesn't go to the center of the screen... The player only raises it up a bit, but it maintains its ADS accuracy. If someone can help me with that, then maybe I can do a tutorial since porting a CoD4 gun takes about 10 min tops.
12 years ago
Loading ...