or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MechromancerX

I'm having some trouble with adding the electric cherry, i followed all the steps and i even triple checked it to make sure i haven't made any mistake.
In game, the perk works but there is no shader, bottle or perk model, but i can see it's there because the activate light is on (this is included in the patch file so this one is correct), so when i buy it i get some kind of freeze until i buy another perk. The effect works perfect.
So i guess its the iwd file that is working incorrectly? I have placed it in the folder you mentioned.

I am also using your five zombies, could that cause the problem?
10 years ago
Yes, they each have a seperate spawnlocation (they will never cross eachother in game).
I can think about that, so far i'm gonna make it possible that it is a free for all game you can play with 2-4 players.
Yes i already tested placing multiple perk machines, pap's, wall guns, etc etc, i only had a problem with multiple boxes, i fixed that with the box starting at player one. I'm gonna try to make it switch every 2 minutes for example.
10 years ago
Hello everyone, i decided to begin on my first map. Any positive or negative criticism is welcome because i have a long road ahead.

I'm gonna start with explaining the idea. I came up with the idea that playing zombies in co-op is always teamwork (or should be).
But what if it is you vs your friends vs zombies? I'm gonna try to make a style of mapping that gives the free for all feeling (first one that buys buyable ending wins the game).
I think i have tested several stuff that is a must have in a zombies map (to copy 4 times and let it work) and beside the box i had no real problem (yet).

Now it's time for a short storyline:
17th of August 1942, Several german scientists of group 935 were send to the Sahara desert somewhere between Libya en Algeria to inspect an undiscovered part of the meteorite containing element 115.
In this base the first experiments were made to make an army of zombies. Although... it went wrong really quick after several zombies started to attack the scientists and soldiers.
The location of the base was very far from civilisation, so the few who managed to escape, died in the desert from dehydration.
After the North-African campaign ended, the base was put in quarantaine by the allied forces, so that no zombie would reach the outside world and escalate the problem.

Now, 24th of July 1945, almost 3 years later, the 4 most experienced soldiers were send to that base to see what actually is going on and to destroy the base once and for all.
Upon reaching the base, an invisible gas causes them to turn against each other. Who will survive? One of them, or the zombies?

Back to reality:

Already included
- No dogs
- BO perks (BO2 shaders)
- Double tap 2.0
- Buyable Ending
- Five zombies

Ideas to add
- Mix of some WaW and Black ops guns
- Electric cherry (but less op or as reward from easter egg)
- An easter egg ofcourse

Now i want to have some feedback about the map itself, so far i made 4 box rooms, one for each player with a stairway to the roof.
I'm posting pictures about 1 room, the other ones will look like this one. On the roof there are less objects to collide with, but beware, other players can steal points!
Should i somehow try to expand the map? Are there problems that can block my way of creating this map because i don't want to get dissapointed when close to the finish about an issue that could have been avoided from the start.
I ask this because i haven't seen a map like this made before and that suprised me.
If there would be a problem, than i can still make from this a normal map and keep the story and ideas.

Pictures:

Spoiler: click to open...

Credits (so far):

Zomb1e-Kllr
Tom_BMX
JR-Imagine
Jei9363

-Mech
10 years ago
I want to say that it is kinda easy because there are 2 very easy campspots (roof buyable ending and where mulekick/doubletap is (1 window as extra def)) and because electric cherry is very over powered. I think adding some risers would give it more a challenge.
10 years ago
Ok so i managed to finish the map without cheating :D , hard but well balanced.

Ow, and the gamebreaking glitch? You really think i would say that as a joke? It's probably the most easy one i found in my life and as a tip: if you work in height, always check where you can jump.

WARNING: SPOILER CONTAINS GAMEBREAKING GLITCH, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT, DON'T OPEN IT!!!

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Result?

Where the zombies come together.

Second

Step 1

Step 2

From than on you can roam free through the map, find it out yourself ;) . Even more easy than the previous one, just a stair to rail jump.

3rd one

Than jump where the crosshair is

4th

You can just jump over

5th

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/696x522q90/540/oFPPDe.jpg
Small one, but holds off 50% of the zombies

6th

airco -> barrel -> machine -> jump + c to other machine (zombies stand still when full in corner and come when you leave the corner a little so you can kill them one by one easily)

7th

From

To

(corner container on the left)

8th

Even found a 9th one but i'm not gonna put this here anymore.

Also the first debris when entering the "dome building", you can walk a little through the wall left and right.

Ok so they were all done without noclip!

And may i please ask who were the beta testers? :D i found this in only half an hour.

I'm sorry i post it here, hope it doesn't cause any trouble.
10 years ago
no console command used, just my codjumper skills so anyone could do this easily
10 years ago
Really nice map man, fun to play.

I only found a gamebreaking glitch because i found and bought vulture aid :D , and with this i could go to high rounds with no trouble.
Where can i report the glitch?

Regards, Mech
10 years ago
Bump. This will be my last one, srry for the disturbance  :-\ .
10 years ago
Hello

I want to add 4 ziplines in my map, i looked in the wiki how to place one, and if i have 1 in my map that works fine. Once i place 2 , i can't activate the zipline anymore (gives the use sign but no price and nothing happens when pressing use). Does anyone know how to add multiple ziplines to a map, (this is not included in the tutorial on the wiki)?

Regards, Mech

Edit: I tried changing the targetnames from "targetname" to "zipline1", "zipline2", "zipline3", "zipline4" in the nazi_zombie_sumpf_zipline map (like how zoning works) as well as giving each zipline that targetname in-game, but without succes.
Same for changing "targetname"); to "targetname", "zipline1", "zipline2"); and giving those 2 ziplines the targetnames in radiant. Still doesn't work.

Ok so when i extract the 4 ziplines in radiant i see them all connected by blue and red lines, i think this may give the problem for being unable to use them seperately, but unfortunately i don't know how to fix this easily, can somebody help? (image in spoiler)

Edit: Ok i'm getting really desperate now, in the chat they said i could do this easily by changing all the targetnames, so i stamped 4 ziplines in radiant which gave the picture before, i changed every single targetname so that the 4 ziplines would be seperated but the parts of each zipline still perfectly connected. But still NO succes.

What i see in game:

How it looks in radiant right now:

Edit: Also tried changing only the targetnames/targets from those parts who gave a connection, still nothing. I'm kinda get the feeling that nobody knows how to do it and maybe it is impossible to do it.

I would really appreciate if someone could actually give me a clue.

Ty in advance
10 years ago
Loading ...