or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Koan

While working on my map, I've found it annoying having the same Notepad++ icon on all the different filetypes.
So I made some of my own - the same logo with different colours, like so:

FileTypesMan download: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

If you want them, I've uploaded my icons here: https://www.mediafire.com/?ytz8zwdkk9gw6wy

If you want to make your own logo, you can download a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that allows you to edit and save in .ico format. Link: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/product/ICOFormat (DL links are in the bottom right) Obviously you'll need to download 32/64 bit depending on your version of Photoshop. To install the plugin, simply move the file to <Photoshop root folder>\Plug-ins\File Formats, then restart Photoshop.

I believe there is an equivalent plugin for Paint.NET too, but I haven't tried it.

To use FileTypesMan:
Open the .exe, scroll to the filetype extension you want to change the icon of. Double click, then click the "..." next to Default Icon. Browse to the .ico you are using. Click OK. Then go to File>Refresh Desktop. Done!

Here's an example of mine:

You can obviously use this tool for other filetypes as well, and it has more uses than just icons!
9 years ago
This allows the player to change their FOV without using the console.

Didn't really take long to figure out. You can learn a little bit by reading the stock menu files.

Step 1:
Once your map is compiled, go to Root\raw\ui, find "options_game_pc.menu", and open it in your preferred text editor.

Step 2:
Go to the bottom of the file. Find this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
		CHOICE_DDVARALTTEXT_VIS( 25, "@MENU_MATURE", "@MENU_MATURE_REDUCED", when( ( !dvarBool(cg_allow_mature) || INGAME ) && dvarString( "cg_mature" ) == "0" && !dvarBool(ui_multiplayer) ) )

Insert this underneath
Code Snippet
Plaintext
		CHOICE_DVARSLIDER( 26, "Field of View", cg_fov, <initial value>, <minimum value>, <maximum value>, ; )

so that it looks something like this:

• Initial value by default is 65. Change if you want, but I recommend leaving it at 65.
  • Minimum value and maximum value are the minimum and maximum values the player can user. (Duh.) I use 65 and 90. The game can use anything between 1 and 160, but use your common sense.

Save your file. I recommend naming it something like "options_game_pc_MAPNAME.menu" or something, but it's not essential. I'll name mine "options_game_pc_fovtut.menu".

Step 3:
Go into the Launcher and type this into the Fastfile mod.csv:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
menufile,ui/options_game_pc_MAPNAME.menu

Mine looks like this:

Then build mod as usual. Make sure "mod.csv" is selected in the IWD File List.

Step 4:
Test your map.  :)  The images at the top of this post are what it looks like with the settings I used above (65, 65, 90).

Note: If you've disabled the console in your map, for example via the UGX script placer, make sure your new file doesn't overwrite the script placed by UGX. You probably shouldn't have any problems with it.
9 years ago
Loading ...