or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - DeathBringerZen

I am running the zommods version right now, and the zombie no longer die off randomly, which is fantastic news.

So far, no other major bugs have been found.

Post Merge: September 10, 2013, 11:57:19 pm
I am running the zommods version right now, and the zombie no longer die off randomly, which is fantastic news.

So far, no other major bugs have been found.

Well, having ran a game to round 25, I found a few bugs are still present, with except for the zombies dying off issue.

They include...

The door downstairs on the left from the original box point is still not clipped.

Grenades still go through the floor in the snowy square beside Jugg/Pack-a-Punch.

Mule Kick does not work.

The top two are trivial, and can be completely ignored, but Mule Kick could do with fixing. Also found the perk hud icons tend to have some above others, but these aside, now the zombie dying issue is no longer present, this is one of the best custom maps I have ever played.

10/10

11 years ago
If the website's up, the download server is up. Same server.

I'll check it out when I get home though.

It must have heard you and panicked. I just tried it and it worked. It really WAS playing up for a few days though. lol
11 years ago
Hey Trem. Is the Map Manager having some issues? I have not been able to get it to connect to the server for a few days now.
11 years ago
Good to hear it's fixed. Any ETA of an official release then?

Can't wait... :D
11 years ago
There is a few. I will do my best to list them.

1: When you come out of the spawn by the 2000 door, the debris crates on the right can be jumped around from the left hand side, by passing the barrier. If done by ALL players, the rounds skip through without zombies spawning.

2: The door downstairs that cannot be opened beside the box location has no been clipped, so you can walk through it and fall through the map.

3: There is an invicible barrier in the room with the Ski Lift. It blocks training around it and has no debris there so it seems like an error maybe.

4: When you throw grenades on the floor of the square where the box is, they go through the map.

5: The door upstairs to the AK47 can be bought, and opened, but cannot be passed through. Barrier prevents it.

6: Respawned under the map after bleeding out. Only happened once though.

There were a few minor ones too but I can't think of them of the top of my head. Will report anymore I find though.

Again though... this map is amazing mate. Really think it is one of the best custom maps I have ever played. Brilliant work!
11 years ago
I agree with Alex. Map is really something special. You have replicated it brilliantly, and the way you pathed it out is excellent.

There is of course several major issues with it ASIDE from the dying zombies. Hope you continue to work on this map. It is one of the best custom maps I have ever played, and I think I have played them all now.

Black Ops 2 perk icons would be a nice touch too. ;)
11 years ago
Having now played Ski Resort, I have to say visually it is amazing. Really does look so much like Summit! Several major flaws on it though, so hopefully you can address these zNiiC. They dying off zombies is a game breaker. Also has a few invicible barriers that should not be in certain areas.

Still though, despite these issues... what a map. Really impressed with it.
11 years ago
Congrats to zNiiC for winning. His mapping skills are truly amazing! Such brilliant work in such a short space of time!? I hope you continue to develop custom maps for a long time mate.

Well done also to Ray and Oatmeal. You did very well with your maps, but a remake of Summit, if done well enough, was always going to win in my opinion.

Good reviews also Tomikaze. Thanks for the links too... ;)
11 years ago
It was pretty good too man. I thought it would be rather low key, seeing as it was not "really" the official ComiCon.

Was I wrong! Literally thousands of people were there, and queues were looooooooooooong!

Still... was completely worth it. Awesome exhibitions on show, some decent guests and a LOT of very fit females in the most revealing of outfits.

Ehrmagerd!!!
11 years ago
Well this was a bit sad.

Tomorrow's video has been made - no gameplay will be in it since no one was able to join up with me. Hopefully the turnout will be better if we make a proper announcement and schedule a time - otherwise this does not bode well for the people suggesting community gameplay nights in the 10k members contest thread.

Hey Trem. I am down to do this with you anytime you need someone. Obviously I missed this one, but if you have rescheduled it, count me in. Got a mic, Skype, WaW, loads of custom maps, and I could talk as much shit as you need me too. :P

I will add you on Skype just now, and if you ever need me, call me. I am available most of the time, except this morning obviously, but that was only because I took my son to the Scottish ComiCon event earlier today.

LOADS of tidy females in fancy dress there... couldn't be missing THAT now, could I?
11 years ago
Just because you don't enjoy a map doesn't mean we need to hate on it like this, he's a UGX member just like anyone else. Rather then bringing him out as an example of what not to do why not help him better himself in the areas you feel require it?

I did not say I did not like the map though, did I? I was referring to it looking poor, and maybe would have been nicer if it used custom textures. It did not really look anything like Green Run Town to be perfectly honest.

The map is itself is ok. Not great, but ok. Plenty of ropey areas and bugs on it, but it passes the time.
11 years ago
They will be released within a week or so, as soon as the judges make a decision and a winner is declared.

They will be released within a week or so? Within a week or so? A week or so? A WEEK!?!

That was 6 days ago! We are nearing a conclusion then?

Half-Life 3 confi... wait, that's not right...
11 years ago
remember to port bo2 textures and moddels dude !!! i dont wanna see some shit like the town remake !!! also use at least a few bo2 guns or at least ugx mod 1.1

11 years ago
Come on Tomikaze, you dirty tease... We want to get our hands on these bad boys! Pick a winner and drop us some links. :P
11 years ago
Results will be posted when tomikaze's ready, be patient :D

But that is too long to wait. I want them now!  :'(
11 years ago
Loading ...