or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - AverDefiance

GREAT MAP CHROMA! First of all I would like to just say my general opinion of the map before I go into any details. First of all, I got the living bejeebers scared out of me when I first met the "Engineer". Well played. Second of all, this map is VERY replayable. Maybe it's something about the M1927 or the good train spots :P
    Now for me to list positives:
    1. EASTER EGG- Though it was very easy to complete once you found everything (I beat it in 9 rounds on my first try at the steps), the Easter Egg was well made and reminded me of Outlast when you had to do the final step, which I will not say. I appreciated the prisoner speaking, as well.
    2. Custom Weapons- This is a big one. As most maps may go for a larger variety of weapons than this map has (though you have no shortage of them ;) ), each weapon was well done and almost resembled the originals PERFECTLY. I was very surprised to see how the Blundergat worked, reloaded, and sounded. I understand this must have taken some time for you to do. The monkey effect on the Gat also is amazing and fun. The Hell's Retriever and the MK II were both also excellent. The Retriever works perfectly and I have no complaints about it. I also like the fact that the Zombie Shield is seemingly indestructible in terms of durability. It doesn't make me constantly travel for a new one, which is a pain (for me, at least).
    3. Map Design- People argue that this map is both hard and easy. My opinion is that it is just right. There is still room to train for solo players without making the map too open. The tight corridors make the early part of the game very confined and tight, making the player watch himself for hits extra carefully. The Outlast feel of the map was achieved without making everything too difficult. I also like the roaming Witch Spawn area, as it might seal off certain areas from easy access for a short time. The detail was excellent, and no part felt out of place, let alone lacking of anything. The part locations are great and not annoying, as well.
    4. The zombies (almost done :P )- The custom models were a perfect fit to this hospital map, with MoTD prison guards to straightjacket patients. The Engineer as a boss zombie was, at least to me, also fairly balanced. It would make one watch where he fires so as to not make him angry until he has a crawler. His speed is fine, and his damage is good. As he has not so much health if you shoot him in the head, he has an obvious weak point. Making the regular zombies semi-sprint in the beginning also helped in making things just a bit more fast paced. Early runners were a good choice for this map.
    The negatives are not much in regard to this map, as they would be, if anything, basic details. As a personal opinion, the fact that one can get stuck in the Engineer and can't escape easily due to his stuns is just a bit annoying, but not game breaking. No Quick Revive is another, but it adds a challenge. So, depending on the person, that is either good or bad. I also hope you can change the fact that the Engineer can die to a nuke, as it kind of defeats the purpose of a boss zombie if it can die so fast and by sheer chance of a drop.
    Overall, the map was very solid and was a good advancement from your other maps. I can see a great change in your ideas and projects for the better. Keep up the good work!
Your fellow slaya
Kiru
10 years ago
Anyone know the best training spot? I ran cutbacks in the Who's Who room, it was very easy but the spawns were pretty slow.
Try spawn. It's very easy to train there :P
10 years ago
thanks, i may have over reacted toward your video especially as you said some nice things toward the end. initially i stopped half way through cause it was getting annoying, i don't no why the zombie have a delay and i thing the headshots are due to hitboxes on the zombies head. personally i was disappointed with the five zombies but i had no other choice, they were the most accurate to the map, anyway as for the acidgat it does do monkey effect with upgraded version (vitrolic whithering) but it doesn't stick to zombies very well. as for your videos provided you have a consistent mix of good and bad points i think your videos could be successful, and again thanks for the good review
No problem, man. It was mostly my fault. I LEGITLY was just giving first impressions without any previous run through. That in combination with it being my first ever vid, I need to modify how I speak about maps. Looking at the footage again, I could've said many more positive things that were running through my head. Thank you for the honest feedback, as it will help me improve on speaking on a possible future map from you  ;). None of these so called "problems" are your fault btw. They're just kind of there, doing no harm or good to the map. Also, with me being a dumb map explorer, I couldn't find pack until I was about done with the easter egg, so that possibly affected how I saw weapons lol. Time to give the map another go!
10 years ago
    Alright, Smasher, it is time I gave my review of this map. First off I would like to apologize again for the negative tone of the video. My sense of commentary is still in its alpha stage. The map was SOLID, and I enjoyed every moment of it from start to finish. SLIGHTLY delayed hits, who cares? That should not mean I hate the map.
    For the positives:
    1. CUSTOM WEAPONS: they were not like their original counterparts, making me want to actually appreciate the former over the latter. It gave a sense of distinction that a maker puts into them in the process of its creation.  Adding such a variety of wonder weapons was also commend and praiseworthy. The Blundergats were fun to use, as well, though point whoring was my priority so I couldn't use them for long :P. Ill go back and rock out with them, don't worry.
    2. MAP DESIGN: The map gave room for solo players to train without becoming too open in the process. Though some textures (to me, at least), seemed a bit large, the map detail was fantastic. The Rainbow Wires in the first room comes to mind (it is so attractive!). The random machines signified the aspect of the map being a lab. Overall, really great custom map in terms of its layout.
    3 (Bear with me). THE ARMORY: for 50,000 points (and a LOT of training), the map rewards the player with the best guns known to zombie-kind. The Ray Gun Mark II, the minigun, the peacemaker, the Thundergun, the M1927, and maybe a couple more (I don't have a great memory.)
    4. DETAILS: Things such as the custom power up effects, hitmarkers, and a health bar were all good things used in the map. The Huey easter egg with simple but fun to do, and was different from the average buyable ending (I would suggest using a nuke for the 3 min timer so no one just holds a crawler  ;) ). Custom perks, like madman stamin-up (my favorite kind!), Who's Who, and Deadshot, were also nice to see. Shangri-La runners were cool, too, as well as the custom Five skins (technically some moon skins as well).

For the problems, I don't have much to say. Nothing in the world is perfect, but nothing stood out as game breaking or worthy of me remembering too much. Most of them just came down to my personal preference. 80 point Insta-Kills are not things that make me want to delete the map and forget it. The Acid Gat may not be the same, with no monkey effect or much stickiness to zombies, but c'mon, its STILL an Acid Gat. Personal opinion can be tough, sorry if I made it sound like the worst map I have seen. No headshot zombies aren't a problem you should address. It's a feature that I, being used to headshots, find odd. This is not a feature that is specific to your map, though. I just see it every now and then and notice it.

Alright, that is my general critique of Decontamination. Hope you will see this review as honest and an attempt to not be too pessimistic.
Your fellow Slaya
Kiru

10 years ago
    Alright. After playing this map several times on SOLO and beating the Easter Egg, I think I can safely make a critique on this map.
    First of all, the positives. The map was INSANELY detailed, and I loved it! It looked like so much time was dedicated into making the wreckage look like more than just dirt. Pipes, barrels, and stray, tilted planks all add to the already incredible atmosphere. Second, the custom weapons felt smooth and fun. I had no disappointment in what was offered besides maybe just a few sound differences from the originals (this is not a PROBLEM, though). Thirdly, the Easter Egg and the method of finding Pack-A-Punch were reminiscent of Nacht Der Toten Walder in a positive way. Soul chest locations weren't that bad even in solo, which I appreciated, too. I also appreciate the character changes in solo, as being Dempsey isn't always fun. The size and tightness balance of the map was in such a form that I could appreciate the scenery for longer games without always dying all the time. You have made a map that has little to no training spot that I actually like Weezy. Thank you.
    And now the negatives. One major problem I had on the map was that every time I made a crawler so that I could explore the map's secrets, the crawler would seemingly glitch out and hit the air, thus resulting in an eventual bleed-out. This was what took me so long to do the Easter Egg, as it died out almost every time I nearly figured out the puzzle. A common spot for this to happen is the entrance to the power room via the MPL hallway. Another negative was the glitched out monkeys that the zombies would NEVER get attracted to. This made me hold a desire for MOLOTOVS more than that explosive ball of cuteness. One last negative would be the fact that the Ray Gun Mark II has no collateral damage, making it weaker than the FMJ. Whether these negatives were intentional or not to make the map more challenging, I do not know. I only bring them up.
     All and all, the map was one the most exciting ones I've seen in a while. It feels good to even me, a solo player, even though you said 2 player was the best. Once you get the hang of the map, it becomes more fun. Discovering the Easter Egg, filling all the soul chests, finding the targets to shoot, and getting the FMJ were all very gratifying in the end. Thanks again for the map.
With regards
Defiance
10 years ago
    Apologies that I am late to the party on my response, but I still feel the need to write this. The map is excellent, even if some people might criticize the "low texture detail" or "humor" in the map. As you said, ZK, this was intentional. The map still offers a fun experience to those who seek a challenge or something new, even if it is not the HYPER-REALISM of Cod: Ghosts (so "some" say). The Iron Man suits should be highly commended, and everyone that helped in the project DOES deserve the privilege of having the cool MK. 16. Besides, the game isn't broken if I don't have the access to it. I still have fun with the other 99.9% of the map that isn't that suit. The Napalm was balanced because of PhD being the 2nd accessible perk, which was good. The ending was unique and worth seeing. Others would probably have pointed this out, but the Dark Side of the Cheese CAN get occasionally annoying at times. Missing one part to the Iron Man suit to that goo after reaching the top forces a replay just to get access. This happens probably after already doing several unsuccessful playthroughs in the first place. I also don't care about sounds, as the weapons (though sometimes lacking on the side of reloading) still match up with the sounds from the other games.
    After listing the most popular potential negatives, allow me to point out the positives. First of all, Cheese. 'Nuff said. Second of all (as pointed out above), the amazing Iron Man suits. Each one has a different function than the others, and that helps distinguish each and every one of them. It isn't just a reskin with the same abilities, which I really appreciate. The Dark Side, even though it has one drawback, does, as you said in the trailer, force the player to keep moving up the stairs and not stick around for too long. It adds a fun challenge to the player, as he must be wary of his next step. The "special privileges" of the Cheese Gun are also great. The two I have found are as follows:
    -Ammo compatibility with other weapons that are PaP'd
    -Shooting the wretched Cheese Brothers
The moving camos are also a good feature to implement, as well as the custom perk shaders, which are, of course, cheesy. The custom names are good, and the pictures and humor on the map are well-suited for it and not out of place. Now to end on the ending. It was well-made, with your custom dialogue and the cliffhanger made (hopefully not a troll cliffhanger). I look forward to seeing your next map implement some features from this one.
Thank You,
Defiance
10 years ago
A comment like this truly makes me feel proud of how I spent the last 5 months, and Im so glad you liked it.  About the 2 avogadros, that is supposed to happen.  The spawn system for the avogadro has to do with lost, and napalms and shriekers spawn independanty from him.  So, you said you did a bunch of easter eggs, did you finish the main one and escape?  just curious.
    I hope to do the escape soon! That comment is only from the couple good games I have had of it. Getting the hell's retriever brought nostalgia from Rocket Base days. I died training at the sonar towers while trying to get souls. I was so nubsauce at getting that thing. Then the ultimate Avogadro troll happened. I had fun with the...I'm just gonna say "baby gun"... and seeing the shrinking effect was absolutely beautiful! I guess I must now journey and master the zombie powerz in the true heart of... THE SWAN!
Thanks again, with regards, and with a smile on my face,
Aver Defiance
10 years ago
 :rainbow: Just wow! Brilliant work on this map! The 31-79-JGb215, the hell's retriever (the return!), the Avogadro, the napalm, the Screecher, the Mark II, the sonar towers, the ambient sounds, and the other perks all make this map fun to play again... and again and again and again. Alongside fun easter eggs (I have yet to solve some) the map brings in a great blend of many loved elements from the other games. I cannot describe how pleased I am to see so much work put into one map. Pieman and Hex (as well as everyone else who helped!), you guys did not fail to impress me. The detail and amount of things to do in each area are well done. Not one place seemed expensive to get to or too unimportant to my game. I hope to get the staves soon, as well!
 Despite this, as this is still in 1.0, I believe, I wanted to point out just one...problem, I guess?... that I personally experienced. The "problem" I had was the rapid spawning of multiple bosses. On my last playthrough, I had two Avogadros and a napalm all at once! I understand this could've been meant to add to the difficulty, but solo might become a pain, as the amount of melees needed to kill the Avogadro increase per round. As I have made it only to 18 solo, I cannot say much. I do not know if the bosses' health increase stops at a certain point or not, like other bosses before them, too. This may or may not be a bug, but maybe the bosses should be included in the zombie count so that the round does not end 'till they die. And about the Avogadro. Is there any way maybe that the hits w/ Jugg can cause no stun? It become a pain to turn and shoot the zombie horde because mobility is slowed and I can't turn to face them. I mean no offense by saying this; I just mean to express my honest opinion, as this is an honest comment.
    Overall, much more could be said about this extraordinary map than my message can permit, but I will go back and play this for weeks and weeks to come. A mix of various challenges (which have not proven annoying, yay!) make the map a fav. Keep up the excellent work, guys! Please understand I didn't mean to make the negatives sooo long. The positives EXPONENTIALLY outweigh the few petty downsides in the map. I hope for the best!

Thank you,
AverDefiance
10 years ago
Loading ...