Created 11 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
The UGX launch button wont work the title screen is working and everything but when i press launch it wont work
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Then you didn't set your map correctly in the main.menu file provided with UGX Mod.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I followed

Open root/raw/ui/main.menu with Notepad++ or similar. At the top of the main.menu file, you will see 3 configurable user settings for your map:
UGX_USER_MAPNAME: This should be set to the same name you named the mapname folder in section 2 of this guide. It is also the name you use to boot the map from the in-game console. If your mod folder name is different from the name you use to boot the map (which is unlikely but still works fine), use the name of the map , not the of the folder. For this example I will need to use "ugx_mod_install".
UGX_USER_MAPNAME_STRING: This should be set to the "official" name of your map. For this example I will be using "UGX Mod Test Installation", but you may set it to whatever you like.
UGX_ENABLE_CONSOLE: Setting this to 1 will enable use of the in-game console. Setting it to 0 will effectively disable the in-game console. This should be set to 1 while developing your map. Once map development is finished, I would suggest setting this back to 0 before release - otherwise cheating will be very easy on your map, which will make player ranks less valuable and meaningful.

Im 100% certain I have that step done correctly could it be anything else?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
I followed

Open root/raw/ui/main.menu with Notepad++ or similar. At the top of the main.menu file, you will see 3 configurable user settings for your map:
UGX_USER_MAPNAME: This should be set to the same name you named the mapname folder in section 2 of this guide. It is also the name you use to boot the map from the in-game console. If your mod folder name is different from the name you use to boot the map (which is unlikely but still works fine), use the name of the map , not the of the folder. For this example I will need to use "ugx_mod_install".
UGX_USER_MAPNAME_STRING: This should be set to the "official" name of your map. For this example I will be using "UGX Mod Test Installation", but you may set it to whatever you like.
UGX_ENABLE_CONSOLE: Setting this to 1 will enable use of the in-game console. Setting it to 0 will effectively disable the in-game console. This should be set to 1 while developing your map. Once map development is finished, I would suggest setting this back to 0 before release - otherwise cheating will be very easy on your map, which will make player ranks less valuable and meaningful.

Im 100% certain I have that step done correctly could it be anything else?
What happens when you try to launch your map from the console.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Nothing.. It actually might be something wrong with the map itself I don't know what tho
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Nothing.. It actually might be something wrong with the map itself I don't know what tho
In the console when you try to launch your map does it say anything about not being able to find your maps .ff?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
The map probably havent been compiled correctly. Check the launcher's log file.

Loading ...