Date Registered: 30 December 2013
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Hello, I recently started making a new map, and wanted to import some custom textures, but when I go to convert, they don't convert and they don't give me an .iwi version of the file. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I followed ZK's tutorial, and someone else's as well. I used .DDS to convert first, then I used .TGA, but neither worked. Any help would be appreciated.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
well what error did converter give?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
It shows that it completed successfully but when I go to see if there is an .iwi picture in raw/images, there is nothing.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
then it has created a iwi

its not the "material" name thats used for the iwi, its the "image" name that becomes a iwi

the "material" name will be the other file shown in raw/materials and raw/material_properties

all you need is the image

open raw/images and click the "date modified" part at the top to arrange by the "latest" changed at the top. Your files will be at the top, with todays date and time
Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:14:34 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Still won't show up unfortunately. If you can't find a solution, no big deal.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
thres no "solution" to find, if it said it converted, it did. You just aint finding it
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I did a complete search of all files in my PC and it didn't find the file. By saying it's done converting, I meant that that was all it said. For other people I saw it said for example,"Converting file... Blah Blah Blah..." and then it said it was done, but mine only says,"Converting Done" "Hit any button to exit"
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
well if it just said

converting...
done

then it hasnt worked. Prob a duplicate in another GDT or something, maybe you havent set the applications in the bin folder to run as admin, or set the mto compatability mode with a older windows

post a picture of converter
Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:39:03 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More

This is what it shows. I agree, it might be something with the admin or just a duplicate. I've never imported textures before, so I somewhat new to this.
Marked as best answer by poptartedpoptart 8 years ago
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
(Image removed from quote.)

This is what it shows. I agree, it might be something with the admin or just a duplicate. I've never imported textures before, so I somewhat new to this.

Just make sure the image is set too a .TGA or .DDS, It should look like this in Asset Manager:

The surface type is pretty self explanatory, but other than what type it is in radiant, it also sets its impact fx and sounds. And usage is what section you want it too show up in.

Also make sure too set the image to a power of 2

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc.

As long as a side is a power of two it should work.

Example: 1024x1024, 1024x32, 64x512, etc.

500x800

After making these change put the image in Root/raw/images.

And then when you grab the source image in the conversion process grab the one from the above folder. After converting there should be a .IWI in said folder. named the axact same as what you name it before.

AFter this put the image in root/mods/mapname/images. make sure its set in mod builder.

Make sure there are no spaces or capital letters. Cause this can mess you up as well. make sure you use these _ instead of spaces.

Also make sure you have made and saved a GDT in source_data and you are converting your textures too that GDT. same thing applies there, no capitals and no spaces.

Make sure image is being converted as a MATERIAL.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Oh My God, I am very sorry, I figured out that I've been trying to convert my through a .GDT in my raw/images folder. *facepalm* So sorry, but thank you for finding the problem.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Oh My God, I am very sorry, I figured out that I've been trying to convert my through a .GDT in my raw/images folder. *facepalm* So sorry, but thank you for finding the problem.

your welcome. too be honest when i started mapping i followed ZK's tutorial, and i had lots of truble with it, i had too watch it like 6 times too figure out what was wrong.

Loading ...