UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[21/40] Neon Fighter - You can see the 80s a mile away!

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Xperience
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Map: Neon Fighter

This map was made by qwerty195

Setting: You wake up blinded laying on what appears to be cold carpet. As you blink a few times you realize that you aren't really blind, but the darkness continues to close in around you. A flash of light and you can see once again, but the neon lighting barely shines past the windows and doors. The sounds of footsteps approach your ears and the classic "Round 1" appears on your screen...

Positives: As one who enjoys small and very simple maps, I enjoyed the simplicity of Neon Fighter. The map itself didn't look hard, and I haven't seen neon textures like these in any other map I've played (except for Quizz v2). So I said "hey why not" and downloaded the map. I was up for some chill and less intense zombieslaying, so the smooth and plain atmosphere wasn't all that bad. As for gameplay, this map features a Der Wunderfizz machine (random perk machine from Origins). The pack-a-punch weapon textures were pretty sweet IMO, and the map featured a number of different guns and perks from BO2 zombies. There was also a boss zombie each round, so I'd say that made the map a little bit more interesting.

Negatives: So for starters, the bloody buyable ending was originally 500k... 500K!! ...until the mapper lowered it to 250,000. :please: Second, I did like the variety of perks in Neon Fighter, but I'm not a huge fan of maps that have one for every day of the year. And even when I went to buy all 12 perks, there was a perk limit. Just my thoughts, but if you're going to make a small map with 12 perks and 8 rooms total, please don't put a perk limit. I mean seriously, the map was pretty much for people who haven't tested out all the unnecessary weapons and perks Treyarch introduced. And to top it off, playing this map was like running on a treadmill... it was boring for the most part.

Conclusion: Neon Fighter would best be described as a "mood map", and when I say this I mean that one would only really enjoy playing Neon Fighter if they were down for some casual zombies or looking to fire a Ray Gun Mark 2 for the first time. It's not that the map was bad, it just wasn't all that good. The custom content was extremely weak. The map wasn't original in any way, but it did bring out the thoughts of adding neon textures to maps with more time put into them. Overall, props to the mapper for releasing a first map that wasn't a box room :)

Level of Detail: 4/10
Custom Content: 3/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 6/10

Score: 21/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9732.0.html
Spoiler: click to open...
Thanks to qwerty195 for the pics ;)
Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:39:21 pm by Xperience
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Nice & good review.
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote