Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
mesaacr's Groups
mesaacr's Contact & Social Links225 Pine Drive
Hey Ive just started working on my first zombie map, and ive learned the basics and more fast, ive built a pretty solid map and sorted out little issues.... but when I play my map sometimes the zombies when they spawn, they walk a few feet and stop only when Im far from the zone (I.E zombies in spawn zone stop coming after me when Im in zone 4 which is down a few hallways and rooms). Do they stop because theyre out of render range or something? I get no errors when i compile the map and run it. A majority of the zombies can climb through the windows and come after me but 1 or 2 kinda just stop and linger there also when I am in a zone that spawns them.
Marked as best answer by mesaacr 7 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 April 2017
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
mesaacr's Groups
After hours of messing around I solved this, thanks for glancing :)
Date Registered: 16 October 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Just a weeaboo from a kangaroo
Signature
Wanna ask me questions or give me suggestions? DM me on ugx forums, or get on my delicious discord: https://discord.gg/eAc3P4G

gimme money gimme money you fat twat paypal.me/Nigglrnickel
lolelel12334's Groups
lolelel12334's Contact & Social LinksLeMoobManlemoobmank155m3plz
What do you think you did to fix this?
Date Registered: 7 April 2017
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
mesaacr's Groups
What do you think you did to fix this?
Well there was 2 instances that were wrong on my map, One of which when zombies spawned at my barriers they sometimes just sat there, this was because the hallways that led up to the barriers was off centered... partially touching the barrier itself so the zombies sometimes recognized the barrier and some didnt.

The other instance when I go from zone 2 to zone 3 the zombies would stop chasing, the zones were not touching, I zoomed in on the smallest grid available, and saw it wasnt touching, so i lined them up.... but some zombies still stopped chasing me, sooooo I looked again, my door/buyable barrier was also half in zone 2 and half in zone 3, SO i concluded that the zombies still thought that the door was still "closed/not bought"so thus not realizing that zone 3 was "open" even tho I did buy it thus having some stop chasing me.. shifting the door into zone 2 only, fixed what ever zombies stopped.

SO, make sure zombie barriers arent inside any walls and lined up nicely, and make sure the buyable door from one zone to another is in the active zone AND make sure your zones touch, not inside eachother and not separated with a gap.

Loading ...