Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Pro Mapper in Training
Signature
Firestorm - Releasing June 2019 :troll: | http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1439.0
RonanMerriman's Groups
RonanMerriman's Contact & Social Linksronan_merrimanmerrimand8merrimand8
So this is an issue that I've had with almost every ported model for some time now. The messed up physics presets cause the models to prevent compiling of any map that they're in. This is stopping me from using any models at all from other games, which I'd rather do. However, I found an apparent solution; http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Fixing_Physic_Preset . In following this tutorial there's just one thing that I'm confused about, step 3, how do I actually give a model a physics preset?

I'd rather not move on with the tutorial without knowing for sure what the story is. Hopefully this will be the end this BS and I'll be able to use any xmodel without fear of crashing while compiling every time. I don't even know if this will fix the error, it'd be great if anyone knew a bit about this area too. Here's the error that's preventing the compile:

Spoiler: click to open...

Double Post Merge: January 03, 2015, 05:16:27 pm
So I have deduced that this error is not coming from the physics presets as I figured out how to fix them. Although there are no errors relating the presets, the fatal error still remains. My guess would be that there's something else up with the ported models that launcher doesn't like.

I would greatly appreciate any help or ideas as far as a fix. Also, it would be great if someone who knows a bit about this stuff could explain it so I can prevent any future instances of this bullshit.
Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:19:06 pm by RonanMerriman

Loading ...