UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

disable dog rounds, jug fix, zombie fix?

broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by ErDiabro
Date Registered: 20 June 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
ErDiabro's Groups
ErDiabro's Contact & Social Links
hello I have a 3 things that I need help and any advice is great. If you have links to tutorials and/ or videos those are also fantastic!

first of all i was wondering how to disable dog rounds from my map. I know it's something script-related so advice on that is great

second, ive heard from peer on this site that juggernaut has an error where the amount of hits it takes to die is messed up. Im using sniperbolts prefab so I figured it was fine, but if im wrong please let me know with a solution

third, i cant get zombies to spawn in my map for some reason. I watched several tutorials and set up the spawners, windows, traversals, and risers structs correctly, though zombies will not spawn. When I load the map it goes straight from round 1, to 2, to 3, to 4, instantaneouslly after eachother, without any zombies spawning.

please help DEAR GOD!!!! i can also provide a video of how my map doesnt spawn in zombies and goes up in rounds fast if that would help
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
For dog rounds: Go to raw/maps and copy/paste _zombiemode.gsc to mods/*YOURMOD*/maps. Open it with a text editor(preferably one with syntax highlighting) and find the line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps\_zombiemode_dogs::init();
before this line put "//".
So it should look like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//maps\_zombiemode_dogs::init();
Next find "spawn_dog" in the _zombiemode file. You will see multiple instances of the line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
spawn_dog = true;
Set each of them to false, each should look like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
spawn_dog = false;
Check the file in your IWD list and build mod. Then you are done with that.
For juggernaut it will be a lot of the same process(kinda). Go to raw/maps and find the script _zombiemode_perks.gsc and copy/paste it to mods/*YOURMOD*/maps. Open the file and search for:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_zombie_var( "zombie_perk_juggernaut_health
By default it will have a value of 160( I think) Change the value to a higher number such as 280. Then save and close the file. Check the file in your IWD list and build your mod. For the zones there are multiple tutorials, it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out.

Lets think of a zoning example. We have three zones named "start_zone", "zone1" and "zone2", all are leading into each other example of order you would open the doors start_zone>zone1>zone2. First I would make an info volume in radiant by right clicking in the 2D view and going to info>volume. We will give this first zone the KVP of "targetname" "start_zone" and another KVP of "target" "start_zone_spawners"(same value but with the suffix of "_spawners" We will then create a zombie spawner like normal but make sure that the targetname is set to "targetname" "start_zone_spawners" (so the zombie knows what zone he is in). If we have risers in the zone we will give the script_struct for each spawner the KVP of "targetname" "start_zone_spawners_rise". Make sure the info volume is covering any area that the players can play in, in that zone and no more. Once we finish setting that up we will move onto zone2. In the next room(after a blocker)we will do the same process but on the info volume we will set the kvps to "targetname" "zone1" and "target" "zone1_spawners". If risers are there we will add the kvp to them of "targetname" "zone1_spawners_rise". Once again we will do the same with zone2 but changing the KVP values like so, the info volume would need the KVPs of "targetname" "zone2" and "target" "zone2_spawners". Then we do the spawners, change the spawner targetnames to "targetname" "zone2_spawners" and if we have risers we give the structs the kvp of "targetname" "zone2_spawners_rise". Now we are almost done setting up the zones. Position the info volumes correctly so they cover all the area the player can go in for each individual zone(without overlapping volumes). Once that is done we now have to add a kvp to each door/blocker trigger in between the zones. For the first door trigger that separates the start_zone from zone1 we want to add a kvp to the trigger of "script_flag" "enter_zone1". The process is the same for the rest, we go to the trigger separating zone1 and zone 2 and add the kvp "script_flag" "enter_zone2". Everything in radiant is now done, you can save the map and exit radiant. Now you want to open your mapname.gsc which should be located in root/mods/*YOURMOD*/maps. Find the function:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
dlc3_zone_init()
Inside that function we will need to add lines for our zone. This part can be a little confusing to scripting noobs so stick with me here. We have three zones so we need to make two lines of:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "",		"",	"" );
Inside the first param for the first line we want to add "start_zone", for the second param we want to add "zone1" and for the last param we want to add "enter_zone1". We are defining start_zone, defining zone1 and showing the value for entering zone1. Your line should look like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone",	"zone1",	"enter_zone1" );
On the next line we want to have the first param be "zone1", the second param to be "zone2" and the third param to be "enter_zone2". So we are showing what zone we are coming from, what zone we are going to, and what the enter is for entering the next zone. The line should look like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "zone1",	"zone2",	"enter_zone2" );
Now that we have finished that we should have both lines that look like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone",	"zone1",	"enter_zone1" );
add_adjacent_zone( "zone1", "zone2", "enter_zone2" );
Now you can build/compile and if done correctly the map will have working zones.
Keep in mind though these were just examples. You will have to change the names based on what you choose. If you wanted to test you could make a layout like the one I described and follow along but as long as you get the general idea you should be fine.
Date Registered: 20 June 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
ErDiabro's Groups
ErDiabro's Contact & Social Links
thanks, dog and jug stuff was great! As for zones, I have followed numerous tutorials including sajeone's and treminaor's, and yet i still have the same ingame error of no zombies spawning. In my map, there are 2 doors leading from spawn, and from those doors, there are 2 doors to 2 new zones. I have been setting triggers on both sides of doors, for example, when in zone3, buying the door to zone2 i would put a flag saying enter_zone2, whereas in zone3, I put a flag  on the other side of the door saying enter_zone3 when I am in zone2. Does this interfere with my zones?
I could provide a map layout and a video of my problem if it would help you see what's going on

Loading ...