Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Coluet's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Coluet's Contact & Social LinksColuetColuet
While the controller works fine (Im using an xbox controller at the moment to play), the only problem I have with it is that since two controls cant be bound to the same key, reload and use are 'unbound'. They both work in game (the X button on the controller), however, is there a way to force a key bind? I dont find it very pleasing when I go to buy a gun or rebuild a barrier and it says Press and hold 'use' or Press and hold 'unbound' to do whatever.
tl;dr: Is there a way to bind both reload and use to the same button on the controller so it will look pretty on the screen?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Lets Slay Some Stiff's
Signature
the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.
Tommy Rampage's Groups
Tommy Rampage's Contact & Social LinksdaslovegloveTommy_rampage@DASLOVEGLOVETommyRampage
While the controller works fine (Im using an xbox controller at the moment to play), the only problem I have with it is that since two controls cant be bound to the same key, reload and use are 'unbound'. They both work in game (the X button on the controller), however, is there a way to force a key bind? I dont find it very pleasing when I go to buy a gun or rebuild a barrier and it says Press and hold 'use' or Press and hold 'unbound' to do whatever.
tl;dr: Is there a way to bind both reload and use to the same button on the controller so it will look pretty on the screen?

How did you set your joypad up was it with the console as everything should be bound right off the bat
hit the console key witch is ~  (the one under escape) and type in exec default_controller.cfg

if your using a 3rd party program like x padder you will have to download a profile for it
Date Registered: 27 June 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Coluet's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Coluet's Contact & Social LinksColuetColuet
I don't think you understand. I'm using the default controller config on w@w, and everything works, however, it still shows unbound for reload and use in the controls, so you can't bind the X button to both controls. When I'm in a game it will say "press and hold use" or "press and hold unbound" to do things that require the use function. I'm just wondering if there is a way to force both to show the X button so it would look nicer in game (ex: press and hold X to repair barrier").
Date Registered: 25 February 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Lets Slay Some Stiff's
Tommy Rampage's Groups
Tommy Rampage's Contact & Social LinksdaslovegloveTommy_rampage@DASLOVEGLOVETommyRampage
I don't think you understand. I'm using the default controller config on w@w, and everything works, however, it still shows unbound for reload and use in the controls, so you can't bind the X button to both controls. When I'm in a game it will say "press and hold use" or "press and hold unbound" to do things that require the use function. I'm just wondering if there is a way to force both to show the X button so it would look nicer in game (ex: press and hold X to repair barrier").

i play with a joypad my self and i use the default set up and X button is reload, buy weapon and repair...but it dont saying Press and hold X if thats what your after then i think thats something to do with the userinter face UI or something on them lines not as easy as binding buttons i dont think
Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:31:40 pm by Tommy Rampage
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
type this in the console: bind F +reload; bind2 F +action... thats how you get 2 binds on the same key

Loading ...