Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need Call of Duty: World at War to play UGX-Mods content?
-Yes. You may purchase the game from Steam or from an online retailer such as Amazon.
2. The Manager gives me an unhandled exception when I try to run it or install a map/mod.
-Considering this program has worked successfully more than 100,000 times for thousands of users you start to wonder what could possibly be going wrong for a handful of people. It usually boils down to an abnormal computer setup, an improperly installed or pirated copy of WaW, etc. Rarely is it ever a problem with our program any more. Verify that you have installed World at War correctly and that you installed it from a valid source such as Steam or the DVD release of the game.
3. I tried to install a map but it isn't appearing in my mods list in WaW and the map still appears in the map list of the Manager.
-Run the Map Manager as Administrator (Right Click UGX Map Manager.exe and click "Run as Administrator". After you finish downloading a map you might notice the map list flickering or flashing - please wait for this to finish before closing the Map Manager or trying to play the map - it is still copying files during this period and if you close it the files will be deleted or corrupt.
4. I installed a map using the Manager but when I try to play the map, it gives me a script error window during loading OR the map has unusual problems such as constant reloading or no zombies spawning.
-You most likely have "loose files" in your mods folder.
folder and make sure it ONLY contains folders. Avoid having ANY loose files such as in this example:
If your directory does not have any loose files, then most likely the Map Manager does not have permission to put files in your mods folder. Make sure you are running the program as an administrator by right clicking the .exe and clicking "Run As Administrator". Then try downloading the map in question again.
5. I tried to run the manager and it said: "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319
contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining appropriate version of the .NET Framework."
-Your computer does not have the .NET Framework v4. Download it here: [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them]
Was your question answered? If not, reply to this post and someone will try to help you.