Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
BratrilliantG7's Contact & Social LinksBratG7
So...
...After playing around with some modding, I ended up somehow breaking the dog animations for everyone but the host player. Not sure how I managed to do that when I never touched anything involving dogs or animations, nor how it's only messed up on everyone's client except the host's, but it happened anyways.

My friend who was helping me test my mod recorded this video for me to see how I broke them, and I swear to all that is high and holy I could not stop laughing the first time I watched it. I'm not sure if it was lack of sleep or whatever, but I had literal tears in my eyes.

(Click the picture below to go to the video. Dunno how to embed Google Drive videos directly into the post)

From my point of view (Dempsey), everything looked normal, exactly as they're supposed to look, which is why I couldn't figure out why my friend was laughing when the dogs first appeared. Once again, no idea how I broke them, but I did.

The things you see in the top corners are a part of the mod I'm working on (very slowly, by the way. Host keeps crashing after a Game Over and I'm trying to work out why. "Unhandled Exception Caught", which tells me absolutely SQUAT DIDDLY as to what's causing it).

TOP LEFT: Teammate status indicators. It's still very WIP, but I've got the basics down. Scale-able and toggle-able for customizability. Living - normal picture, Hit - Quick shake (shown in video when Dempsey gets hit), Down - red and vibrating, Dead/Spectator - dark red and faded (also in video, Richtofen's picture. Only there for debugging purposes since I don't have a third person to test the mod with), No player - Black and faded (the shadow of Takeo's picture in the video). Doesn't display your own since it'd be kinda redundant.

TOP RIGHT: "Zombies left" is pretty self explanitory. The "Health" is only for debugging purposes and will only show up in developer mode.

Dunno why this turned into a "My WIP Mod" post, but whatever. It was really just to preempt any questions about it.

But those dogs tho!

Loading ...