UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: Fire Level One on July 01, 2016, 12:16:36 am

Title: 400 fx limit
Post by: Fire Level One on July 01, 2016, 12:16:36 am
I'm hitting the damn 400 fx limit and I've commented out all the fxs on zone_source\mapname.csv
Is there anything else I can do?
btw I'm using harrybo21's perks

Double Post Merge: July 01, 2016, 12:38:22 am
UPDATE: whenever I don't include my custom weapons it works but when I do include them it says ive passed the fx limit
Title: Re: 400 fx limit
Post by: MakeCents on July 01, 2016, 01:04:03 am
I'm hitting the damn 400 fx limit and I've commented out all the fxs on zone_source\mapname.csv
Is there anything else I can do?
btw I'm using harrybo21's perks

Double Post Merge: July 01, 2016, 12:38:22 am
UPDATE: whenever I don't include my custom weapons it works but when I do include them it says ive passed the fx limit

What have you tried to fix it? Are you using Harry's perks or nates weapons? Have you tried my weapon fx cleaner or manually reducing weapon fx used, or the singles fix?
Post by: Fire Level One on July 01, 2016, 01:07:32 am
What have you tried to fix it? Are you using Harry's perks or nates weapons? Have you tried my weapon fx cleaner or manually reducing weapon fx used, or the singles fix?
im using harrys perks and my own weapons. I'll give your weapon fx cleaner a go and see if it fixes it
Post by: MakeCents on July 01, 2016, 01:12:01 am
im using harrys perks and my own weapons. I'll give your weapon fx cleaner a go and see if it fixes it

Some people don't understand what it is doing, so I will just go over it a little. If weapons are in raw/weapons/sp and in mods/mapname/weapons/sp, and you take out repeated fx in the weapons in the raw folder, it doesn't add them every single time they are used, in the mods folder.

So the tool takes your weapons in your mods folder and creates a folder in there for you with weapon files with the repeated fx removed. You then back up your raw/weapons/sp files and put those ones created in there (the ones with less fx). Don't forget to delete your mod from the activision folder before building mod again.

If that still doesn't work, you can remove fx, or use viewmodel fx for world as well, like shell ejects and muzzle flashes, and try to stick with a set of fx for your guns, instead of a unique set for every gun...
Post by: Fire Level One on July 01, 2016, 05:08:07 am
Some people don't understand what it is doing, so I will just go over it a little. If weapons are in raw/weapons/sp and in mods/mapname/weapons/sp, and you take out repeated fx in the weapons in the raw folder, it doesn't add them every single time they are used, in the mods folder.

So the tool takes your weapons in your mods folder and creates a folder in there for you with weapon files with the repeated fx removed. You then back up your raw/weapons/sp files and put those ones created in there (the ones with less fx). Don't forget to delete your mod from the activision folder before building mod again.

If that still doesn't work, you can remove fx, or use viewmodel fx for world as well, like shell ejects and muzzle flashes, and try to stick with a set of fx for your guns, instead of a unique set for every gun...
I used your fx weapon cleaner but it didn't take it below
whats a singles fix?
Post by: MakeCents on July 02, 2016, 02:08:33 am
Harry has a fix for the fx issues for his perks. I would recommend following whatever that is. Then if you still have issues, this is all I know about getting over the fx limit:

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0)
Post by: Fire Level One on July 02, 2016, 05:42:09 pm
Harry has a fix for the fx issues for his perks. I would recommend following whatever that is. Then if you still have issues, this is all I know about getting over the fx limit:

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0)
Ok, thanks for the help