or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Wolfilms

I'm guessing the train moves to the last node, but then never goes back the other way? Meaning you can get it moving forward, but it won't go backwards?
7 years ago
How can I use the ballistic knives to revive a player in zombies? I'm not sure how to make the player revive when shot
7 years ago
Yea, I can take a look at it
7 years ago
I wanna change only 1 zombies health, like a boss zombie... I'm not too sure where to start though. Any help?
7 years ago
Change what? Because there are only 3 statements that involve power? 

function wait_for_power()
level flag::wait_till( "power_on" );
wait_for_power();
 I already tried adding a 1 in each statement after the word "power" but the problem seems to consist, and for some reason after I change it on level flag it doesn't even bother showing up the debug text from that elevator.

Can you post your code here so I can see what you are working with?
7 years ago
Did you change the name of the wait_for_power() function? That might be a problem if you haven't done that.
7 years ago
The only way I know how to add cost is like this...

add this to the top with all the other #using
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using scripts\zm\_zm_score;

the go down to your other code and add this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function whatever()
{
cost = 100;//you can put whatever here
trig = GetEnt("whatever", "targetname");
trig SetCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");
trig SetHintString("Press and hold &&1 for blank");//you can put whatever you want in here and that's what will show in game

trig waittill ("trigger", player);
player zm_score::minus_to_player_score(cost);
}

and when you buy the door, it should take away whatever you set the cost to. Don't forget to change the getEnt again (as this one still says "whatever"), and the function name (as this also says whatever)
7 years ago
I believe you would have to change all the kvp's on the elevator parts, and the triggers. You would then have to make sure all those kvp's are in the script and have all the code necessary assigned to them. I could be wrong as I haven't really taken a glance at the code, but I'm guessing that is how it would be done. I can try and explain more if this doesn't really help/make sense :)
7 years ago
Well, actually, you don't need to change any stock scripts. On the trigger that you have in your map you should have a targetname assigned to it. so in your code you could do something like this...

Code Snippet
Plaintext
function whatever()
{
trig = GetEnt("whatever", "targetname");//keep targetname, but you would replace "whatever" with the name you assigned targetname to in radiant
trig SetCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");//removes the hand icon
trig SetHintString("Press and hold &&1 for blank");//you can put whatever you want in here and that's what will show in game

trig waittill ("trigger");
//do code
}
and just in case you don't know how to thread the function, in yourmapname.gsc, under the main function, add this...
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread whatever();//you can put whatever name you want after thread, just make sure it matches the function name

Hope this helps :)
7 years ago
I don't know if you solved it, but it may be that it isn't in your zone file. That's just a guess and I could be wrong
7 years ago
Are you trying to change the text on doors in treyarch maps or your own maps?

If you want to change the doors on treyarch maps, I have no idea if that can be done, and if it can, I don't know how.
7 years ago
Can one of you explain how you did it? I'm not sure where to put the script or which ksp to add or change.

I personally think the radiant way is easier, so here's how to do it in radiant.

• Select the platform that you stand on for the elevator
  • Hit the 'N' key to open the entity info
  • select the option that says "moving_platform_enabled" so it says "true"
7 years ago
Thank you very much, it worked for me too !! ;)

No problem   :)

leonardo745, looking back at your original code, I noticed you weren't getting the trigger using
Code Snippet
Plaintext
trig_1 getEnt("whatever", "targetname");
so the game never knew what trigger it was looking for
7 years ago
Well, I stumbled upon this topic while searching through the help section. Hope this helps

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13911.0.html

someone in the topic mentioned that it worked for them.
7 years ago
you might need to use this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapon = getWeapon("tesla_gun");
  • are you getting errors while linking your scripts?
  • Have you done all the necessary steps to make those fx play?
I can't really test anything at the moment because my game won't open
7 years ago
Loading ...