or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Uk_ViiPeR

Really looked forward to this map, but another t4m map i cannot play released in the same week :please:

Times are hard for you... *hands you a can of monster* :(
8 years ago
Just got online now... Indeed i see people here hating away at me for releasing a map because i couldn't be bothered to create a decent map.. Yet I've just released one and am spending most of my time making my part 2 to my last map.. People need to caaaalm.. When I've clearly stated this is for the fun of it.. Jesus..

You see people here uploading box maps and they get better feedback..  :poker:

Why do I bother?.. sorry for releasing a little map because people might enjoy something new and little as not much gets released all the time..

Dude we're not hating on you, we're just giving you feedback. it's what happens when someone releases a map, and these are not hurtful comments they're just thing's you can improve. I understand that this was a fun map but there's always room for improvement, you have the potential.
8 years ago
Stupid question, is it nesesary to add ur name to the document?

You can either PM me it or add it to the document, but it's preferred to be on the document as i won't forget that way.
8 years ago
OP Post

Looks like a great map but sadly i can't play it due to T4M (XP doesn't support it, and yes, this is an old joke) but i would like to state a few improvement's for future releases which will help you and others.

- T4M seems like it wouldn't need to be required for this size of a map, you can easily remove everything that is unused to free up some space as you can normally fit about 80+ weapons in a mod if you know how to resize your mod properly. there are plenty of tutorials around for these.

- Forcing a FOV 90 is a bad idea, i'd recommend a fov slider in a menu file for freedom to customize. if you want a dummy menufile with this already in the feel free to contact me, i can also add other things if you need them.

- I love the theme you're going with (that post-apocalyptic feel) but never feel like you need to rush a release (not intending that you are, but if you are), take your time and turn it into a bigger and better map!

Anyways great map, gutted i cannot play it but hope to see a non-T4M release one day :)
8 years ago
do you still remember the people in beta?

If the people in the "requested beta" and "sign up form" are on these then they will be informed for testing soon, no news will be announced for at least a week or two relating to testing just yet.
8 years ago
I thought I signed up... >:(

Alpha testing hasn't been done yet, only private testing for coop mainly to see how it works out, had a few issues though and working on a fix for them now.
8 years ago

I found a bug while testing.

(Image removed from quote.)

As you can see, the map is not on my PC. I was promised gifts, free assets, scripts, and this map upon my return from the patchy terrains of outside my house.

This issue is now resolved ;)
8 years ago
Get ready, Preview inbound!

I will be showcasing one new gamemode and the overall map "brooklyn".

8 years ago
Thread has been updated, newer version with dvar dumping has been uploaded. adjustments to selected menus have been made also including new features for the developer tab for testing ingame.
8 years ago
btw chroma, fuck your memes.

i have chan to carry me

8 years ago
Here's me, i'm not ashamed to show my true self, i feel proud that i own a potato and i have ventured to donald trumps happy land.

Spoiler: click to open...
the evil within...
8 years ago
Your script advice(top 3) isn't correct at all.

No, this is error is thrown when the compiler isn't able compile the code. While bad syntax is an example of this, there are other situations.

Again, that is just one example of when you may come across this error. This error is given when code that will compile but does something erroneously while running. 

You are getting confused with "Unknown Function" error. No, Syntax is the structure of the language and what it expects in a piece of code(for examples, brackets after the function header to mark the beginning and end of the function).

Cheers for correcting them, i wasn't too sure myself anyway's so i asked for advice on them through chat, i'll update them now
8 years ago
Hello everyone, i thought about for a long time to do a whole reference on just errors and their solutions to aid the community when they come across problems they have never seen before. I want this thread to be a community driven topic where you can suggest any errors that I haven't added.

I will break this thread down into 4 sections.

mapping

parse } error - to be added, indepth tutorial for this one as it can be multiple problems.

map doesn't load (broken error) - means your map is broken, follow the above step to locate if there are any broken brushes.

map is rainbow ingame - you will need to include a light grid and a few reflection probes around your map, caulk box is needed also. there are a few tutorials around for all of these.

certain parts of the map are darker than the rest - ensure that your sunlight direction is not obstructing this, if its meant to be like this and you want the area to be a bit lighter then you can add a 'light' entity.

Max Scene Surfs - Caused by multiple glitched patch layers being ontop of each other, to solve this issue you will need to delete the patch layers. models can also cause this error if the model has too many surfaces on it

scripting

server script compile error - this error is thown by the compiler that isn't able to compile code, use developer 1 and reboot your map, then open the console in full (shift + `) to see more details on what and where the error is located, if it states a line number its usually the line above the line stated.

script runtime error - script runtime error is where your script has an infinite loop and has been forced to stop. There are a few other examples that can cause this problem (will list them shortly).

asset limits:
1600 Sound limit - hit max limit, free up some sounds through the mod and associated csv files.

xanim limit - NA

ui limit (itemdefs)[new] - i cannot recall what the actual limit was as i found this limit myself, but i'd say no more than around 300 itemdefs should be used in one menufile.

4096 xmodel limit - hit max limit, free up some models by commenting them out in your mod folder and associated csv files

400 fx limit - hit max limit, free up some fx by commenting them out in your mod folder and associated csv files

128 tags (joints) - caused by AI which has too many joints (exceeds 128 bones error), reduce the amount of bones included in the xmodel export.

2048 material limit - hit max limit, free up some materials by
commenting them out in your mod folder and associated csv files

31 hud element limit - hit max limit, free up some hud elements by
commenting them out in your mod folder and associated csv files,
also checking if too many are drawn in the UI.

ui not showing up - this can be many problems, but the most common
one would be that you have a syntax error. these errors don't
display in the console ingame so you will need to take slow steps
through testing in order to locate the problem. usually caused by
typos or unknown functions.

compiler
EXE_ERR_HUNK_ALLOC_FAILED256/Out of memory - close some processes in
windows to free up some ram in order to compile successfully.

"" is bad "type" - an item that doesnt exist in the map but is
being called through script.

ingame
Server command overflow/ERR_CLIENT_CMD_OVERFLOW - this happens when
the console spams too many commands in a short period of time,
causing the server to crash. ensure that theres no infinite loops
in your scripts (especially through UI scripting)

Server message overflow - this error is caused by console spam of
messages, which leads to server crash if too many are printed in a
short time. to solve this problem you will need to make sure there
are no infinite loops (or very short time intivals) between the
message and the loop process.

Couldn't load &&1 - the engine couldn't load file/item or entity
etc.. (going to use X to describe them all in one) this can be
solved by checking if X exists and if X is loaded correctly
(precached and included in the mod)

ERR_WRONG_MAP_VERSION_NUM - same as below, where each of you have
different map versions (two different compiles), ensure that you
have the same map version in order to play with eachother

SERVER_IS_DIFFERENT_VER - this error happens when you have a
different version to the server, meaning your assets may have been
modified. this error can occur when you modify a stock iwd aswell.

alien font - To be added

couldn't load image - image either doesn't exist or it's not
precached/included in your mod. ensure that its included in your
mod.csv and your mods 'image' folder.

exceeded maximum number of script strings - this error is caused
when you have too many script string loaded, to solve this problem
you will need to reduce the amount of strings so that the pre-load
doesn't output this error.

unknown item &&1 - unknown item defines that the item (weapon/weapon file) does not exist in your version of the mod, to solve this you will need to ensure that the weapon file is included in your mod.csv and is ticked in the compiler.

Could not open - either the file wasn't precached correctly (in
mod.csv/map.csv/map_patch.csv) or the file simply does not exist,
check syntax if it does to ensure there are no typos.

"some mods don't show in my mod folder?" - your mod's folder may be
overfilled, i'd suggest moving a few to a different folder (or
deleting if needed be), this helps reduce "loaded mod listing"
engine use.

type undefined is not a field object - any object with getent that
doesn't exist in the map when trying to use it through script (i.e.
targetname:thisdoesntexist)

duplicate sound alias file - duplicated sound alias file was located, check mod.csv/map.csv/map_patch.csv to see if you may have added the preached line twice; if not then go to your sound alias folder in raw and see if there's any sould alias files that used the same sound name.

*Crashes upon map load* - reboot exe, enable developer 1 and
logfile 1, boot up map, wait until crash, go to your maps mod
folder, open console.log in a text editor and find any unusual
errors.

*Crashes upon exe load* - close exe, check compiler (both build mod
and map compile dumps should be there (if you didnt clear the feed
and build both the map/mod) and locate any unusual errors towards
the bottom of each map/mod compile dump/

If you have any other errors you would like to suggest then please do so, i'll add them to the list :)
8 years ago
Progress update, just wanted to let everyone know the project is still undergoing.

- From high demand i have started a classic mode, but won't be the heavy focus of the project.

- More features and ways to obtain items have been added, working on ingame UI currently to expand the possibilities.

- Trailer is 90% done

- Alpha is 90% done (for real this time)

any-who, here's a screenshot

and long live GIFS! (view if you don't have epilepsy)
8 years ago
So this map has been dead for over a year now, as Fracture Studios hit the material limit and are now busy with NT.
I have now been allowed to get the map working and released using the weapons i had in Kino. I will also see if i can remove any more unused waw assets to clear up some space.

I would really rather have this map work without T4M but it will be applied if necessary. Thank you :)

If you need any help let me know (if FS allows me that is) i can help out with reducing the limits and other assets as i've done with my project. just want this project to stay alive really :)
8 years ago
Loading ...