or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Scobalula

1. They're supposed to be script_structs, there is no entity called script_string.

I assume you have have your zombie spawner set up correctly and that he does spawn correctly in-game.

Add to your zombie spawner/s in Radiant this KVP:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Key: script_string

Value: riser

Ok now the game will class these as zombies that will rise up from the ground.

However this simply won't make them risers, that's where the script_structs come in.

Add a script_struct to your map by right clicking on 2d view, clicking "script" and then "struct".

You'll see a red box has been added to your map, add these KVPs to it:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Key: targetname

Value: *targetname of your zombie spawner*_rise

If you want your spawners to rise inside the map where the player is and go for the player add this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Key: script_noteworthy

Value: find_flesh

This KVP tells the zombie when he spawns to go for the players and not a window.

2. I assume you're trying to have multiple brushes be the door, just give them all the same targetname.

3. Have you added a script_struct that tells the door where to go once opened?

9 years ago
Looks awesome, a lot of attention to detail I can see. :D
9 years ago
It looks amazing, layout looks great, architecture is done for very well, looking forward to seeing this getting a release. You have skills brother. :D
9 years ago
You can scale models and prefabs, for prefabs do what Harry said, for models add KVP:

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Key: modelscale

Value: *enter number here to define size increase*

i.e. modelscale 2 would make the model 2x bigger, 3 = 3x and so on

For future maps put an actor on your map to give you an idea of the size of players and to give a reference for how big stuff should be.

9 years ago
Did you rename your map at any stage? If you did the function for the main menu is still pointing to your old map, I'm pretty sure this can fixed in main.menu in raw\ui? Though someone else can correct me on that and give a more detail process on how to do it.
9 years ago
Like said above, put all your useless crap on the external HDD, or just delete stuff you're not using.
9 years ago
Any chance you can post this pic on another image host like Imgur? Facebook direct linked images don't work well and my school have it blocked. I can try and help you then.
9 years ago
In Maya select the object, make sure to Select Hierachy, then go to Mesh>Seperate  (or something along those lines), that worked for me when Models were crashing Radiant, though most models can be exported as XE (.xmodel_export) safely direct from Lime from Black Ops 2.

9 years ago
It's a nice map, you have potential.

I'll start by saying you've sold yourself short; you should of gone for something better, this map doesn't show your skills, the map quickly became boring, it was fun to play but it lacked that feel since all it was was a box with a few obstacles.

However I'll admit it's nice you went and added the obstacles to the map, it made a bit more diffuclt, but that was outed but the fact you placed a PPSH on your map, even though it cost was 5k.

Overall I'll end by repeating what I've said above, you have the potential, don't sell yourself short with maps like this, don't go for mediocre, aim high. :)

9 years ago
I recommend having a back up of all your WaW files, but most important would be map_source (obviously), your mods folder, GSCs and GDTs and your custom files such as modified GSC's in raw/maps.
9 years ago
Turn off or on (forget whether it's on or off) Specular Maps and set Textures to Automatic.  :)
9 years ago
I likey. :D But like Hitman said the floor looks a bit repetive, but still looks awesome. :D
9 years ago
Looks great, like the elevator perks idea, looking forward to the release. :D
9 years ago
Like Hitman said you need to add a space between // and words/letters, // = comment but the game won't see //s as a comment and will usually crash.
9 years ago
Make sure you're not using _wet textures.
9 years ago
Loading ...