or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - redspace200

It looks good in game, it plays good, and has a nice weapons list to boot.
Here are some issues:
1) on solo the revive soda machine seems to go MIA[cant find it anywhere, so I have to depend on afterlife for second chancewas this intentional because second chance would conflict with afterlife mode?)]
2)Staminup does nothing to help mobility in the tar(this was depressing as stamin-up isn't all that easy to buy)
3) As nice as the Wunderwaffe death machine is, it goes away before its suppose to and I can still switch weapons with it. It is suppose to function like a death machine, in the sense that I shouldn't be able to switch weapons, but it should only go away once i burn through all of it's ammo.
Again great map, and will definitely play the hell out of it on full release.

1. If your playing the original gamemode, then there will not be any quick revive machine. I don't believe the self revive and afterlife conflict with each other, its just for balancing purposes. To use self revive on solo, you can play a challenge addon or No Objectives mode which doesn't have the afterlife mode.

2. Stamin-up should slightly increase your running speed, and boost your running duration. I believe the effects are more noticeable with a lighter weapon. Having stamin-up will also allow you to jump inside while on the oil, to get through it faster.

3. I wanted to setup the wunderwaffe drop differently then it was from cotd, didn't like how they made you burn through all the ammo just to get rid of the drop. In my version, you're supposed to be able to switch weapons when you get it. The timer doesn't actually start until you fire your first shot, so you can reserve it for later use if you would like.
9 years ago
Thank you for the confirmation that there will be a patch for those drops. After beating my record and making it to round 11 (before getting ruined by two panzers  :P), I have a couple more issues to report:

1. Electric Cherry seems to be useless. I don't know if the damage values are too low or what, but it was pretty much ineffective on round 6

2. I don't know if this was intentional, but crawlers kill themselves off VERY quickly. Moving to some zones (even if it's just 20 meters away from them) will end them instantly. Again, don't know if this was intentional but it makes solo play very frustrating at times
1. The damage and radius electric cherry does is based on the amount of ammo you have used. You can get a much larger stun radius and stun time if you allow electric cherry to automatically activate by you using all of your ammo in the clip.

2. I do have a zombie minimum distance to the player, but should only be effected if you are in a completely different area to that zombie. I'll consider increasing the zombie radius for the next patch.

First of all, GREAT JOB REDSPACE!

Second of all. I have finally gotten some sort of a hang for the map in original solo, so I might as well give my thoughts on it.

Positives:

The map is heavily scripted, and no one can deny that fact. You did an amazing job putting the weapons and animations together, adding afterlife in, and putting in all the boss zombies. The wonder weapon variety was also good, too.  Another thing is Double Tap II. This perk makes life SO much easier with its added damage and I thank you for putting it in. The differently scripted zombies were also a great touch. Other things such as the golden shovel and the switches make the replayability levels extremely high. I also like the detail and environment found within the map. The rain and oil slicks add to the intensity of it.

Negatives:

I don't know if it's just me, but the Panzer Soldat's hook seems inescapable, as I tried to shoot his arm but he wouldn't let go. Second of all is the constant switch activations for multiple visits to PaP. As I would have to keep going down to the "security room" to hit the hardest switch, I would usually die because the round ends whenever I try to hold a crawler for it. I can't enjoy Pack as much as I would want, and most of my runs would end because of this. This is a huge negative due to constant reruns of the map, making me agitated at every death. I would want to go to Pack without risking my entire life for it. This is my opinion, though, and I respect your desire for a higher difficulty. I just personally think it would add to the fun factor. Sorry that this section seems so long, but this one negative keeps ruining my desire to solo run this map.

Overall, the map is solid and is amazing in the evolution of custom zombies. It's wide variety of features make it a sight to behold. Sadly, at least to me, this sightseeing usually comes to a rapid close by the clutter of zombies in the security chamber after the new round begins. I hope to enjoy this map even more, though, despite its difficulty.

1. The mech's hook light health previously was to high, ive reduced it by half in the upcoming update. If the mech completely pulls you in, then you have to kill him to get free. Not sure if it was like this in origins, didn't mess around with him to much to be completely sure. But you should be able to escape much easier after the V1.0.3 update, and you can always melee the light right before he pulls you completely in to get free.

2. I understand how the switch activation's can be frustrating. One thing to take note of is that you can actually activate the switches through afterlife, by shocking them. So you can pretty much activate almost all the pap switches, just through one afterlife. Getting through the security room can be tough, but as long as you bring a decent weapon into that room, you'll be fine. If the boy of silence detects you, he'll turn into smoke which you can shoot at to break free from the room and stop the crusaders from spawning.

Also want to take a second to say thanks to everyone for the continued support, it means so much to me! :)

Double Post Merge: November 28, 2014, 05:05:43 am
Change that to around a generator near where your currently in. As i said, there was a round where i was still killing templars a good 5 minutes after the start of the roundas i said it resets both. I'm just trying to fix lag issues

Regarding the fire zombie, the issue is that in buried i would touch him than run away so he would detonate. In viking, its extremely tough and he never seems to detonate like that untill hes running

Also a suggestion for zombie king i didnt see this option but maybe income boosts?
1. Messed around with the vars and the map does not appear to be resetting them. Unless your using a dvar other then "r_fullbright", im not sure why that would be resetting.

2. There are 2 waves of crusader zombies, after you stop all of them from taking over the 1st generator there attacking, they will respawn a second time and target a different generator. I chose to do this because the maps size isn't extremely large like origins, and it shouldn't take very long to get to the generator there attacking.

3. Not sure if I fully understand what you mean by that, but the amount of score the zombie king earns per second is increased as the time goes by.
9 years ago
What is the point of the orange lightning? I've died several times because I'm running around the map and the lightning activates literally as im walking through and instagibs me. Also, idk if reported or not

-Time bomb doesn't reset locked boxes/perks/etc
-Time bomb will kill every boss on the map. Once i used it and i had no idea how i got back up with an MG08
-Getting instagibbed as a whos who / spectre will also instagib your downed corpse
-Fire zombies seem to struggle with detonating untill the round ends and they start to run at you
-Buying perks / random / etc. gets really annoying when u keep using the syringe as you attempt to buy
-When taking a generator, lightning zombies will spawn from literally anywhere. I had to camp at jug generator for nearly an entire round because lightning zombies were spawned from across the map and had to run all the way to the generator one at a time
-Console commands (espec r_flameFX_fps and r_fullbright) are being reset when they're just to disable some of the smoke effects. Because of this, I can't revive myself with afterlife if im the only one since there are such a ton of zombies and zapping them drops my fps to 0.25

Other than that, the map is insane fun >:D though the constant instagibs are getting on my nerves.

- Timebomb doesn't reset everything on the map, nor was it intended to.
- The Timebomb is supposed to kill all the zombies and bosses in the map, since its taking you back to when you placed it. If there was a boss at the time when you saved the timebomb state, they should respawn when you load it.
- Instagibbing may occasionally occur. Sorry to anyone who experiences this, been looking into a fix for a while but haven't seemed to find one yet, as I don't even know the cause.
-  The fire zombies only start running at you if you've dealed damage to them and the round is changing. There detonation doesn't have anything to do with the speed there moving at though, but its probably easier to run past them while there sprinting.
- To use your ability/syringe, you have to hold the use button. To buy a perk, you just have to tap the use button.
edit, just saw I had the hintstring say "Press & hold use... for perk", will update to "Tap use... for perk"
- The crusaders spawn around the current area that your in.
- As far as im aware, the map doesn't enable the flamefx var, and it defiantly should not be touching the fullbright var.

It seems like the Time Bomb and the ending to the map causes problems on coop. When someone uses the time bomb, the host gets reset back to when they place the time bomb down, but the other players keep getting connection interrupted and is forced to close out, same thing happens once the ending happens, not going to spoil it, but as soon as someone calls the ending the coop players get connection interrupted but the host sees the game over screen.
- Yeah a few people have reported this issue. Ive already attempted to apply a fix, just need to test on coop.
9 years ago
On Origins the Panzer is weaker and you have MUCH more room to train. That's why people don't complain about Origin's Panzer. And my point about the powerup was that, on Round 2, you're still likely to be knifing zombies and getting insta-killed for doing so is silly.
1. Your not supposed to have very much room to train around the zombies.

2. Adding a fix to disallow zombies to drop red powerups below round 5. Also will disallow them to drop red powerups if you kill one thats close to you.
9 years ago
On buried there was a couple also. In the beginning area you could fall to your death. Also where the pack a punch area is, there is a opening that you can fall and automatically die. Also if you dont break the water fountain in the main part of the map using leroy then you can fall to your death by the water fountain in the maze.
I understand why specific death barriers (talking about the ones near jugg) could be annoying. The holes in the ground after you take the elevator are intentional also for those who were wondering. Perhaps I didn't mark the barrier by jugg enough with the electric fx.
9 years ago
Found a bug, on the gate by jug, that leads into speed cola, it is not clipped high enough because you can stand by the box, and jump over the gate without opening it. The fence is fine though.
Thats intentional, your allowed to access most areas without paying for them. I can't add barriers over the doors, because theres many ways to have yourself launched into the air anyways.

And if you buy the door leading to the weapons locker both doors open and you only have to pay for one.
That is also intentional, because both doors lead to the same area.

G'day red, Jiffy here, i am just asking for you to release a patch for the oil. It's a really good challenge when you are forced to run through the area, but it would be amazing if you could make it so that when zombies run through it, they slow down as well, because, basically, they're human as well, so technically speaking, they should slow down with you when you walk through it (kind of like COTD).
Regards
J.N
I'll take the into consideration. The only problem is I have the oil around alot of portions of the map, and wouldn't want to have that slow down the gameplay.
9 years ago
Where is the other 2 locations at?
You can find them towards the STG wallbuy at the bottom of the white crate by mule kick, and leaning on the wall in the hidden underground area, by staminup
9 years ago
Another question Redspace, Where are all the shovel locations? When me and my buddy play we always find 1 but the other one seems to be nowhere. Also have you made it where 1 shovel will appear on solo, 2 on 2 player, and so on. Or is it like origins where they always appear at 4 locations no matter how many players there are?
There should be one shovel spawned for each player, with 4 locations total. There is one possible shovel spawn location in both spawn rooms. Also have a golden shovel system, which works similar to the way it did in origins.
9 years ago
Does the fridge work like on Black Ops 2? I put in my weapon and it gave me the m1911, which I didnt want so I tried to get my weapon back but it kept saying I cant store the weapon in there even though I already had a weapon in there. Also does it transfer to other games or not? Like if I put in a thundergun could I get it back in the next game? Or is that not possible to script.
It works somewhat similar to black ops 2. The m1911 is one of the weapons which can't be stored in the fridge, along with most wonder weapons. All players share the same weapon in the fridge, so you can also use this as a method to give your teammate who may be having a hard time, a new weapon to use. Since everyone shares the same fridge weapon, it'll use the weapon which the host of the game has previously had in the fridge.

Also thought I should mention this, as long as you haven't fired the deathmachine weapon (includes wunderwaffe), you can store that in the fridge as well for later use.
9 years ago
Just a few more suggestions/comments I'd like to make about the map:

I really like the idea of choosing your own starting area, so kudos to you for that ;)

One thing I really don't like is how you made the generators so you have to stand right next to them to turn them on. In Origins, one of the big things about the generators was that they had a wide radius so you could still run tight and dangerous trains around them, but trains nonetheless. personally I think you should make the radius a bit wider on those.

The gun chalks are pretty hard to see, I think you should maybe make the outlines thicker or at least put the bluish light by the wallbuy to show where it is

The Panzer is SO OP. It takes FOREVER to kill him and he's extremely annoying -.- All I ask is that you lower his health, at least in solo.

The Paralyzer seems a bit underpowered to me, it BLAZES through juice in like 20 seconds and it's not that strong either :/

I really like how you can jump over closed doors and stuff and run all around in afterlife, you did a great job with that ^_^

I just encountered a glitch in my last game where I got a Wunderwaffe death machine, went down, and revived myself in afterlife. Once I was back up the Wunderwaffe was floating above where I went down saying "Press F to pick up weapon" so, of course, I picked it up. However, instead of giving me the Wunderwaffe it replaced one of my weapons with the M1911, which pretty much spelled Game Over for me since I was out of ammo on the gun it didn't take :(

The clipping is a bit weird in a few spots where it looks like you should be able to go somewhere when you can't (can't remember exactly where)

Some things are really hard to get on top of with the Paralyzer (namely the big long white cargo box kinda by Whos Who)

That's all I have for now, thanks for reading! ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

- About the origins generators. I personally did not like how in origins, you were able to train around all the generator spots. I personally feel it adds to the challenge, because on the later rounds you have to have a decent weapon just to activate a generator. But at the same time, I understand how it can be frustrating.

- Yes, the panzer does have alot of health, but depending on the weapons you have, he can be very easy to take out. One of the custom weapons, the IceLazer has the ability to take him out with only 2 shots.

- I understand that the slowgun does not do much damage. Now that its mentioned, ill increase the damage to a reasonable rate which makes the weapon easier to use.

- Yeah thats a glitch. That system was used for mule kick, which should drop your third weapon on the floor if the perk is lost/deactivated. However it probably conflicted with the wunderwaffe/deathmachine powerup, since that also adds to your weapon count. I'll have this fixed in the next version.

- Ive already fixed most of the weirdly clipped areas, they'll be fixed in the next version

- Most areas which are not normally accessible are not playable areas of the map (such as white crate by whoswho). Attempting to land on these areas will just result in you getting pushed off.

Again, thanks for detailed feedback. Defiantly reminded me to fix a few things I would have otherwise forgotten :).
9 years ago
Really dont want start a flame war here...............

I never i told u gave out the map to ANYONE. Alex (U can guess which one) gave me a solo and co-op patch. I gave it to NO ONE. There was a fucking PUBLIK DOWNLOAD LINK of Projekt viking on MEGA....... so. I had the co-op patch that DIDNT Work...... So it was pointless anyways to others? And people like you... never looked at the other side of the story...
The download link may have been public at the time, but I only chose to share it with specific people. This didn't mean anyone could just download the map, unless spread/leaked. Regardless, adding in blocks for specific people is not against the rules, so there is no reason to have brought this up in the first place.
9 years ago
A few videos of the beta are up on youtube.  One of the videos is linked below which displays bugs from the game mode "Drop Zone"

Project Viking Gameplay

# Bugs

- Raygun MK2 bullets do not pass through to inflict damage on additional NPC
( player notes awesomepieman had working MK2 in map Halloween town, maybe he'll share code)

- Glitches on drop zone challenges
( challenges fail randomly, some occurred at start of round, watch vid)
From what I saw, the challenges weren't randomly failing. The reason he failed the no reload challenges is because he was in the process of reloading as the challenge was given. However now that this was brought up, I will probably add a 5 second delay for those type of challenges in a later update.
9 years ago
I'm playing on Original and it still has effect on Easy too.
The oil patches still shouldn't have any effect for the duration of easy mode, but the water ones will.
9 years ago
Bug report 3: if you have a death machine and get a wunderwaffe drop, you will not get the wunderwaffe.
Thats correct, you can either have one or the other. The two powerups don't override each other
9 years ago
Poll added, would like to get some input on how often to release map updates, which will fix reported issues.

Double Post Merge: November 23, 2014, 09:43:37 pm
Bug report 2: very rarely, if you get a yellow/orange power while you go to the afterlife, when you try to pick it up it will not show the bar and you can't pick it up. Also the power up icon will disappear but not the light
The yellow powerups can actually only be picked up by a randomly selected person who is alive in the game. If you were playing coop, you can mark the powerup for others to collect. Otherwise on solo you should always be able to collect it, but not be able to mark it.
9 years ago
Loading ...