or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - GUNNS4HIRE

So question, I read the rules over and over just incase. I don't want to be disqualified.
BUT theres one thing I'm not understanding,
You said to someone and in your description, "Don't Leak the maps"
Then you also stated "to make a WIP section an update people on the map"
So does that mean ONLY TEXT? Like we can't show them videos of how it's going or... Pictures?

When I said "don't leak the maps" I am referring to the physical map file to run and play it. Not images, else what would be the point of a WIP, right? :)
10 years ago
Can gun names cause trouble with copyright?

No, not to my knowledge or experience. Only music as YouTube has an algorithm that searches for music
10 years ago
Are you supposed to sign up before or after the 11th?
I should have asked this beforehand ::)

Well, it's so close to the start date, so it really doesn't matter I guess. It was supposed to be Sat, Oct 11, but obviously, once we announced this contest it is highly probable that people already started working. Start your WIP in the forums on Sat, but you can send me an email whenever.
10 years ago
I'm in this Gunns. Thank you for this opportunity.
I'm still working on Meats house but I guess I'll put it aside for a bit if I have too.
Let's do this >:D I'm so hyped right now!

Awesome man, put your growing skills to work.
10 years ago
I think you should half the prize amounts for this competition and hold another one with another theme after this one with the rest of the money. That way there will be more maps more winners and every one is happy

No need to half anything. If enough people participate in this contest, there is a good chance there will be another, with the same amount or even more prizes. We love the zombie community and we'll do anything to keep it alive and thriving.
10 years ago
I fully understand your concern. Will the map be qualified if you could mute all the music?
My aim is to create a great experience and of course, that can't be done without using some copyrighted music :/

Yes, of course, as long as we can mute the music, that wouldn't be a problem. The issue is that sometimes map makers put music into the maps that are not controlled by the Music volume and therefore present possible copyright issues for us. We always have music turned off because of that, and as long as your music is controlled in that manner, there shouldn't be any issues.
10 years ago
Can we use custom music that we create? I want a custom pack a punch jingle. There's no way it could be copy righted right?

I suppose a self-composed jingle for specific items are OK, but if we feel that the sound effect/music resembles something similar to a commercially recognized song or copyright protected sound effect, we may disqualify the map altogether as we will not put our channel at risk over music or sound effects.
10 years ago
Idk if i will be taking part in this, as i have something awesome in works, which will be out it a LONG TIME. But i may put something together if i get time. As i can only map on sundays, because of school, so........ IDK

Completely understand, but I know that Meatwagon22 and myself would LOVE to see you participate in this contest as we greatly admire your work. Either way, thanks for at least considering it.
10 years ago
My oppinion still is that as long as it aren´t beginner mappers they shouldnt be alowed to make teams... For example if Radimax (maker of comosea) and zct chaos (well THE CHAOS) made a team that would pretty much be the best map ever tho whereas they both alone would still make pretty damn good maps tho still competable by other mapers. Also I´m pretty sure there is going to be arguments about how much money an individual gets. If the leader is like im getting 800 and my two partners just 100 its 100% just his decision to make. I really dont hope anyone would bet there are likeley to be selfish people amongst the competitors.

I appreciate your concerns, however, this is a map contest and not necessarily who is the best map maker. This is about creating some fun and imaginative maps that the community will be able to play and enjoy later. In terms of arguments within any groups, that is none of our concern.  How they distribute any prize money they potentially win, is up to them. We will only deal with one contact person and that is where the winning amounts will be provided.  This is a contest and participation is optional. If you do not feel that the rules are fair, you have the option to not participate.
10 years ago
Ah, alright. Fair enough. Can one person be on two groups? For example, I will be in duo project and one bigger project. If both win and I will not want the money, is it good?

You can work with whomever you like, and submit as many maps as you want. However, for each map design, there should only be 1 contact person, who will receive any winnings.  We will not divide prize amounts up based on members of a group.
10 years ago
Yes, now I can use my idea, that I posted last month :D

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4051.0

Dont know, if I will fully work on that idea, but might take some ideas of it

Edit: Can we use ambient music at least? Or jukebox?

Jukebox is fine, but if the ambient music cannot be turned off, then no. We cannot and will not risk copyright strikes on any video we produce. The issue is that a lot of illegitimate companies on YouTube try to claim music that they are very loosely linked to. We can fight them usually, but it often results in weeks of videos being hidden or removed, and not worth the risk.
10 years ago
Quick question, would we be able to do this with someone else or does it have to be a solo project? And can we have a few close friends beta test the map for bugs if it isn't realesed on YouTube?

Yes, you may absolutely work with others, for development and/or testing. Maps may be created individually or as part of a team.  Just make sure nobody leaks the map early, else it would be disqualified.
10 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhwMvJIKIw

Welcome to the first ever YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest.
    Proudly working with UGX-Mods.com to help make this one of the biggest and best custom map contests known to date.

There will be at least 3 Cash Prizes available to be won:

1st Place - $1000
    2nd Place - $750
    3rd Place - $500

Note - Payment of cash prizes will be made via PayPal. If you do not have PayPal, we will require a proper mailing address and other contact information, which will remain confidential.

2014 Zombie Map Contest ★ Call of Duty Zombies

Contest Map Theme

The theme for the map contest will be Christmas, which will be perfectly timed for the upcoming holiday season.   

Contest Deadline

The contest officially begins on October 11, 2014, and will end on December 6, 2014 at Midnight EST.

How to Participate

Those of you interested in participating in the contest should send an email to [email protected], and are required to be signed up on UGX-Mods.com.
    Once you have completed the above, you will need to start a WIP (Work in Progress) page in the New Contest Entries Section, so that you can provide both YouAlwayWin and the Zombie community with updates on your map. This topic does not need to have any pictures right away or a complete features list, but try to keep the community updated at least occasionally to the progress of your map without giving away any information you wish to remain secret.

How to Submit Your Map

All maps should be uploaded to either MediaFire or MEGA (MediaFire is preferred). The link should then be emailed to YouAlwaysWin, before the deadline (Dec 6, 2014), at [email protected].

General Rules

All 9 of these rules must be followed in order to be eligible for prizes:

• All map entries are required to use UGX Mod (v1.0.4)
       - You should use the latest UGX Script Placer v2.0, as it will install UGX Mod v1.0.4 and set up a map for you automatically. It will make backups of all files before overwriting them, but it is still recommended to back up your modtools directory if you want to rest assured. If you know how to install UGX Mod v1.0.4 yourself then you do not need to use this script placer. If you want to install UGX Mod v1.0.4 manually, you can follow the instructions here.
       - Be sure to apply this viewhands fix for UGX Mod so that the viewhands are not ugly.
       - You are free to make any modifications to UGX Mod v1.0.4 that you wish, such as replacing/adding weapons, changing mod settings, adding custom scripts, etc.
       - The reasoning behind this requirement is to focus the contest on the mapping and design rather than weapon porting. If everyone starts with the same mod base then they are on a level playing field, enables mappers without weapon porting skills to have a solid foundation, and allows mappers to spend the majority of their time on other aspects of their map. This is a mapping contest, not a mod contest.
    • Your map(s) must be fully functioning, and tested, with no glaring issues or game breaking bugs.
    • Maps must be designed using the Christmas Theme described above.
    • Maps must be new projects and not a pre-existing WIP, to ensure that the contest is fair.
    • Do NOT use custom music, regardless as to whether you believe it to be copyright safe. Any map that automatically plays music, without our ability to turn it off will be disqualified.
    • Do NOT make the maps too dark as this is problematic for creating videos on YouTube (i.e. they are hard to see, and look really bad).
    • Map downloads must NOT be made available to the public, or any other party, until YouAlwaysWin has played and posted the related video on their YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/YouAlwaysWin).
    • Any map that is played, with a related video posted on YouTube, or other online video serving platform(s), by any channel before YouAlwaysWin has posted the official map video, will be immediately disqualified from the contest.
    • The staff at YouAlwaysWin will be the only judges on map submissions, with any and all decisions being final.  We will, however, be looking at the feedback provided by the YouAlwaysWin YouTube community as part of our judging criteria.

How Maps will be Judged

1. There will be 4 categories in which maps will be judged by YouAlwaysWin, with a possible perfect score of 100 pts,
    a) Fun Factor (40 pts) - YouAlwaysWin focuses on having fun above all other criteria. If a map is made too difficult (e.g. crazy hard zombies, or super hard to find easter eggs) this may have a detrimental impact on this score.
    b) Theme (20 pts) - Your ability to make the map related to the Christmas Theme
    c) Creativity and Appearance (25 pts) - How unique and visually appealing your map is.
    d) YouTube Influence and Impact (15 pts) - How our audience responded to your map. This will include data that is both public and private (i.e. views, ratings, comments, audience retention, shares, etc...). Note - information other than views, ratings and comments will not be made available outside of YouAlwaysWin Staff.

Recommendations

Since we are judging the contest, and it is completely subjective, it is only fair to provide you with some recommendations that may help you create a winning map design.  Note - these are NOT required, but recommended.
    • Reduce or Eliminate Fog/Haze (i.e. VolFog and Fog FX settings). We prefer nice clean looking maps, with minimal fog.
    • We enjoy maps with soul chests as they provide objectives with cool and useful rewards.
    • Don't make doors ridiculously expensive (again, back to the Fun factor).
    • You can include Easter Eggs and Buildables, but don't make them incredibly hard to find.
    • We LOVE buyable endings, it gives us a goal and a definitive ending to the map.
    • We like Zombie Counters, as they help us control the flow of gameplay.
    • Lastly, but well-known within our community, is the use of the number 22. Simply for fun, it comes from the 22 at the end of Meatwagon22's online name. In most cases, we end maps after 22 rounds, whether the map has a buyable ending (most of the time by accident/coincidence) or endless waves.

Hope you are all as excited about this contest as we are. We look forward to hearing from all of you interested in participating in the contest.

Cheers,

GUNNS4HIRE and Meatwagon22
    YouAlwaysWin

[/list]
    10 years ago
    Hey, we tried playing this map last night in Co-op. The 2nd player (non-host) constantly spawned under the map, with no way to escape.  We attempted to run the map several time with the same issue happening every time. We'd love to play this map sometime as it looks really cool. Hopefully this is an easy fix.
    10 years ago
    Oh wow, so cool that you made this for us to play. Honored.  Reading some of the comments, there seems to be a couple of minor issues with the map, so I'll wait until you address them before we play it.  We want to make sure its a good experience for us and the viewers, and of course, a good representation of your work  :)  Hit me up on Twitter when you think it'll be good to go!
    10 years ago
    Loading ...